JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Famous quote from Biden and I love it. Biden's answer from a guy asking about his AR and keeping it safe.
According to him we all need help.

“I’ll tell you what, if that is his baby, he needs help,” Biden said. “I don’t know that he is mentally qualified to own that gun.”
Like to provide some context for that quote? or does it suit your needs better without it?

Ridiculous:

It is your forum to do as you choose but I must point out the utter knee jerk hypocrisy!

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11237

If the gun community can't discuss "Obama and Guns" amongst ourselves on a gun forum we will not be ready to make an intelligent argument with anti-gunners in a public setting.

Again I must emphasize the word Ridiculous :s0054:

There was a question and the question was answered.

The only thing going on in there was people ripping on each other.

I'm sorry, did you have another link to provide info on Obama's admin proposing a new gun ban?

The thread was meaningless when I closed it.

Here/hear right from Obidens mouth.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/08/flashback_biden_steals_credit.asp

That seamed to suit Bidens needs...........
Yeah, and what he said was anyone that cannot distinguish between a gun being their "baby" and being a tool might not be mentally capable of owning an "assault" rifle. Then spoke how the mentally unstable, who cannot comprehend the severity of using a firearm on another person, need to be prevented from owning firearms. I agree with that completely.

My own professional opinion of the person showing his firearm would be one of questioning his competence too based on his words and actions. He was a little too anxious to brandish his tricked out semi-automatic rifle and a little too emotionally "involved" with his tool.

Yeah, and what he said was anyone that cannot distinguish between a gun being their "baby" and being a tool might not be mentally capable of owning an "assault" rifle. Then spoke how the mentally unstable, who cannot comprehend the severity of using a firearm on another person, need to be prevented from owning firearms. I agree with that completely.

Nonsense Biden has no credentials to make a judgment on someones mental disposition by that statement.

By those same guild lines every Marine made to name their rifle and everyone (naming) in this recent thread http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11215&highlight=killer&page=2 might not be mentally capable of owning an "assault" rifle.

My own professional opinion of the person showing his firearm would be one of questioning his competence too based on his words and actions. He was a little too anxious to brandish his tricked out semi-automatic rifle and a little too emotionally "involved" with his tool.

Handling his firearm in his own home is not brandishing. You are welcome to your opinion but I would not allow you or Biden to judge 2nd amendments rights based on your opinion.

I see you skipped over the fact that Biden, number 2 Obama administration man "created" assault weapon ban legislation, what are you thoughts on that in so far as this subject?

Nonsense Biden has no credentials to make a judgment on someones mental disposition by that statement.

By those same guild lines every Marine made to name their rifle and everyone (naming) in this recent thread <broken link removed> might not be mentally capable of owning an "assault" rifle.
Actually, there is an enormous distinction between those two examples. Seems you might not be the one qualified to make such comparisons.
Handling his firearm in his own home is not brandishing.
there is a huge difference between handling a firearm in your own home and producing a video for public view were you use terms of endearment reserved for living being to refer to your firearm.
I see you skipped over the fact that Biden, number 2 Obama administration man "created" assault weapon ban legislation, what are you thoughts on that in so far as this subject?
No one has ever claimed that he nor Obama do not have a past of supporting anti-gun legislation. The point is they seemed to have changed their tune as of late due to popular opinion (as representatives of the people should do) and that there is a huge difference between vigilance and propaganda and hysteria.

Actually, there is an enormous distinction between those two examples. Seems you might not be the one qualified to make such comparisons.

And the distinction is?

there is a huge difference between handling a firearm in your own home and producing a video for public view were you use terms of endearment reserved for living being to refer to your firearm.

The guy was totally within his rights and neither you or Biden have the rights to cast judgment on the guys mental competence.

No one has ever claimed that he nor Obama do not have a past of supporting anti-gun legislation. The point is they seemed to have changed their tune as of late due to popular opinion

I would say it's due to the fact that the 1994 gun ban got the democrats kick out of congress on their asses.

(as representatives of the people should do) and that there is a huge difference between vigilance and propaganda and hysteria.

You think altruism or the will of the people has anything to do with gun policy?

Track record, precedence and personal quotes from Obama and his administration on their gun control views will predict the future, unfortunately we can't point to anything as proof until it happens and then it will be too late.

And the distinction is?
The distinction between a soldier in the field forming emotional attachments to a tool upon which his life depends upon daily and someone referring to a gun as a loved one in their own home while not facing impending threat is a big one. There is even a reason it is encouraged in military service. If you want to PM me we can go into the psychological differences in private since it will be a long discussion.
The guy was totally within his rights and neither you or Biden have the rights to cast judgment on the guys mental competence.
Someone does not have to be overstepping their rights to demonstrate unhealthy mental behavior. Biden has every right to make comment on what he observed. Whether his comments would be supported by psychoanalysis is one thing, but he still has the right to state his opinion.
I would say it's due to the fact that the 1994 gun ban got the democrats kick out of congress on their asses.
Does it matter why they have changed their tune? or just that they have changed it?
You think altruism or the will of the people has anything to do with gun policy?
Of course it does. If a politician can be sure they will not be reelected if they support anti-gun legislation they will not support it.

The distinction between a soldier in the field forming emotional attachments to a tool upon which his life depends upon daily and someone referring to a gun as a loved one in their own home while not facing impending threat is a big one. There is even a reason it is encouraged in military service. If you want to PM me we can go into the psychological differences in private since it will be a long discussion.

The distinction is open for interpretation, as is his statement of "my baby" you can't make any credible judgment as to what he even means by "my baby" its just one of many cliches we all use constantly throughout our lives that really mean nothing other than a way of conveying our message.

In this case my interpretation is that the guy is saying "my gun rights are very dear too me" "what are you going to do to protect my gun rights Mr Biden?"

And I can state with enthusiasm that Joe Biden totally failed to address that constituents concerns, instead opting to take the low road by doing the easy thing and making the guy into a mentally ill gun loving potentially menacing wacko and ignoring the real question, can you say with certainty you are any more stable?...............................................(than Joe Biden :p JK )

Someone does not have to be overstepping their rights to demonstrate unhealthy mental behavior. Biden has every right to make comment on what he observed. Whether his comments would be supported by psychoanalysis is one thing, but he still has the right to state his opinion.

Yes he does have the first amendment right to speak out against my second amendment rights.

Does it matter why they have changed their tune? or just that they have changed it?

You damn right it does, it goes to credibility. To start with who said they changed their tune?

Trlsmn..You think altruism or the will of the people has anything to do with gun policy?

Playboypenguin..Of course it does. If a politician can be sure they will not be reelected if they support anti-gun legislation they will not support it.

Careful that argument is starting to support my argument. ;)

The distinction is open for interpretation, as is his statement of "my baby" you can't make any credible judgment as to what he even means by "my baby" its just one of many cliches we all use constantly throughout our lives that really mean nothing other than a way of conveying our message.
Actually that is exactly what psychology is all about. Picking up on clues presented by statements and behavior. To try and say you can't judge him by the behavior he exhibits is absurd.

It is odd that in one instance you are willing to make all kinds of assumptions as to what Obama is going to do based on a few statements but you are saying this guy cannot be judged by what he says.
You damn right it does, it goes to credibility. To start with who said they changed their tune?
It is very clear they have changed their tune (they being the dems). I have no issue with them not going after gun rights only because they know it is career suicide...as long as they do not go after them. I especially am okay with that when I agree with the majority of their other actions.

Actually that is exactly what psychology is all about. Picking up on clues presented by statements and behavior. To try and say you can't judge him by the behavior he exhibits is absurd.

No "professional" would make a conclusion out of a 5 second video clip, if they did we could pick and chose from examples out of anyone's life and make them look like Jesus Christ of Satan himself.

It is odd that in one instance you are willing to make all kinds of assumptions as to what Obama is going to do based on a few statements but you are saying this guy cannot be judged by what he says.

Actually I have posted no assumptions I've only posted facts , I'm only interested in facts.

The difference is what Obama and his administration have clearly and provably done and said, as compared to the assumption you and Obiden are making from a 5 second video clip

It is very clear they have changed their tune (they being the dems). I have no issue with them not going after gun rights only because they know it is career suicide...as long as they do not go after them. I especially am okay with that when I agree with the majority of their other actions.

Again not exactly Altruistic of them is it.

Also there is a difference between not having succeeded in taking our gun rights and not going after our gun rights. I must submit that they are still playing the same tune and that their radio has no dial.

Everyone should look to how PlayboyPenguin and Trlsmn are debating, yet not attacking each other. This is exactly the type of well thought out, respectful discussion we need more of here.

No "professional" would make a conclusion out of a 5 second video clip, if they did we could pick and chose from examples out of anyone's life and make them look like Jesus Christ of Satan himself.
Professionals are often asked to make decisions regarding the need for further evaluation on similar small amounts of evidence. You are speaking out of turn on this one.
Actually I have posted no assumptions I've only posted facts , I'm only interested in facts.
No, you are asking people to make assumptions based on out of context statements and past deeds and not on current platforms or actions.

The OP asked about legislation from the Obama administration and no one was able to cite even one example since he took office. Not even a valid quote. Everyone put on their partisan hats and jumped up on their hysteria soapbox. Then, typical to form, they reverted to attacks when they could not defend their own skewed perceptions.

Here is the OP
"Obama's been in office for over 6 months now -- 1/8 of his term. Has his administration taken any action specifically designed to restrict gun rights? Any proposals for gun, ammo, or accessory bans?

Seems to be a lot of hysteria about that, but I wonder if there's any foundation for it."

As you can see he was clearly "attacking" the concerns of many gun enthusiests over the possible loss of 2A rights to the current administration with his "skewed perception" that if it was not written by Obama or his staff then we have nothing to worry about.

As you can see he was clearly "attacking" the concerns of many gun enthusiests over the possible loss of 2A rights to the current administration with his "skewed perception" that if it was not written by Obama or his staff then we have nothing to worry about.
Someone would have to be very defensive and unsure of their position to see that as an attack. It appears to me he is just saying isn't it better to be vigilant than to continuously cry wolf.

Even if he were attacking a 'concern', 'thought', or 'idea', that's perfectly acceptable. The only thing we don't allow is attacking the person who holds that belief.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top