JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys. Could someone give me some specific driving directions to someplace I can break in some new pistols? I looked on the map trying to follow some other posts, but couldn't follow the directions well enough to even try. If it is your secret spot I promise to bring some donuts with me for you!:)

I'd love to find some better or different spots around the Oregon City area too. I just started looking for spots myself. The only spot I know of is Memaloose outside of Estacada. It's about a 45min drive. Let me know if you need directions.

Best way I've found to get there is to take I 205 North to Exit 12 for Hwy 212 E. After about 3 miles take the right turn onto Hwy 224 towards Carver/Estacada. Follow Hwy 224 through Estacada. The turn off for Memaloose is about 15 miles outside of Estacada on the right. You'll see a big green single lane bridge crossing over the river, take that turn.

There are signs posted all over the first 6.8 miles of the road telling you there's no shooting. Seven miles in from the bridge is a rock quarry, that is the shooting area. I always clean up after myself and try to take out some extra trash. Just take an extra trash bag if you can. It would really suck if the forest service blocked the rest of the area off to shooting.

I'll let you know if I find anyplace else to go also. I've got a few areas I'd like to explore a little when I've got the time and gas to go.

Memaloose is a nice spot, if not for being abit out of the way. I am always on the look out for something closer as well. My father in-law is supposed to take me somewhere just outside of mollala next weekend. I will post where with directions when I get back. Keeping clean is very important I feel. I always lay down a tarp to catch my expended casings and any extra laying anround when we go. ;-)

. Keeping clean is very important I feel. I always lay down a tarp to catch my expended casings and any extra laying anround when we go. ;-)

I feel the same way Sharmon. I always try to take a few extra bags of trash, but up at Memaloose it feels like I'm hardly making a dent in what's there :(

I feel the same way Sharmon. I always try to take a few extra bags of trash, but up at Memaloose it feels like I'm hardly making a dent in what's there :(

Small world. I just found out who you are. Your family was at my house today in fact. Your wife told me about that sharp's rifle you just had redone. You'll have to put up some pics!:)

I assume you are looking for an outside location. But as an alternative the Johnson Creek gun range over off 82nd ave is a nice place to shoot non-magnum handguns and 22 rifles. Its a 50 ft range, members only and I think about $120 per year to join.

Its indoor and cardlock. During the week its deserted many times and you have the place to yourself.

I assume you are looking for an outside location. But as an alternative the Johnson Creek gun range over off 82nd ave is a nice place to shoot non-magnum handguns and 22 rifles. Its a 50 ft range, members only and I think about $120 per year to join.

Its indoor and cardlock. During the week its deserted many times and you have the place to yourself.

I have actually given that place a lot of consideration. It is really close to where I work, and I could shoot most of my guns there. I'll have to stop by and take a look. Thanks.

Small world. I just found out who you are. Your family was at my house today in fact. Your wife told me about that sharp's rifle you just had redone. You'll have to put up some pics!:)

My wife called me when I was on the way home from shooting and told me.. :s0114: What a small world it is. If you'd like to get together and head out there sometime let me know. My wife even mentioned your mother inlaw was interested in possibly going? My wife has been up there with me a few times and we had a great time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top