JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Surefire G2 Led Nitrolon that I love. I want to get another one for a dedicated weapon light and backup to the one I have, but the Surefire website says they are discontinued and I dont see them locally anymore. I want a simple, rugged, 80-120 lumen led light with a single function tailcap switch with no constant on like the original G2s. It seems all the new Surefires have dual function, double click tailcaps. Is there anything like the original G2s anymore?

Are you putting this on a rifle? Would you like a little more distance of beam?

Here is what I put in another recent post about lights;

Take a look at these, Tactical Hand-Held Series - PolyTac® LED HP | Streamlight I own lots of different lights from Surefire and Streamlight. This light has a very narrow focused beam and works great on rifles out to 100-150 yards. Nice thing is they cost about $50 on sale at Buy Mart all the time.

They are rated at 150 lumens which in distance goes about 2x the length my 200 lumen Surefire SureFire 6PX which is my daily carry light. The 6Px will really light up an area but only out to 75-100 yard. The only downside to the Streamlight HP is the larger bezel so it is not really good for slipping in a pocket.

Need a way to mount it, well a 2 pack of 1" rings cost less then $20 and work very well.

eBay, Amazon, many online stores still sell Original G2.

Check fisherman marine, whole sale sports, I believe they still have those in-stock.

G2X is also nice. it's a updated version of G2, but not made in U.S.A and head does not come off. (it has same warranty as any other surefire flashlight)

G2X is what you are looking for... Here is part of the description from SureFires' website:
The G2X Tactical is a compact yet powerful polymer-body flashlight designed specifically for tactical use. Providing simplicity of operation and tremendous illuminating power in a small package, it uses a high-efficiency LED—virtually immune to failure since there's no filament to burn out or break—to generate a brilliant, penetrating, perfectly pre-focused 200-lumen beam. The G2X is activated by our classic tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on.

The new LED heads seem to be fairly shock resilant (though I would run my rifle with the flashlight attatch for normal shooting or during a training class) I keep an old G2 LED on my AR but I have thought about putting on the PX2 Fury on my rifle.

Great info guys. Im going to look into the Poly-Tac and the G2X. This will either go on my rifle, or replace my G2 LED if that goes on my rifle. My rifle has an MOE handguard and a stubby vertical foregrip. Any recommendations for mounting options?

I would add a section of rail to your handguard at the 9 o clock posistion (assuming your right handed) then mount the light with a picatiny mount such as the VLTOR mount (or any 1" scope mout will work also... the VLTOR just has a large thumb nut for easy removal / installation)

bothscoutsSM.jpg
Here is my setup without a VFG, with the VFG you would just activate the light with your thumb....
flashlightmount.jpg

bothscoutsSM.jpg

flashlightmount.jpg

I have a Surefire G2 <broken link removed> Nitrolon that I love. I want to get another one for a dedicated weapon light and backup to the one I have, but the Surefire website says they are discontinued and I dont see them locally anymore. I want a simple, rugged, 80-120 lumen led light with a single function tailcap switch with no constant on like the original G2s. It seems all the new Surefires have dual function, double click tailcaps. Is there anything like the original G2s anymore?

Yes I like those G2 led lights they are just wonderful, bright and most important minimum power consumption.

Great info guys. Im going to look into the Poly-Tac and the G2X. This will either go on my rifle, or replace my G2 LED if that goes on my rifle. My rifle has an MOE handguard and a stubby vertical foregrip. Any recommendations for mounting options?
One option is the IWC mount. It attaches directly to the MOE handguard and will accommodate just about any 1" light. Shown here with a PolyTac.
IMG_15221.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads