JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get on redland road. Head to the end of it.

Get on springwater road and head to the end of it.

Turn left onto the highway then a quick right onto hillhockburn road.

Stay on that road until it turns into BLM land

its probably 40 yards wide and about 80 yards long with two gravel piles and I've shot with as many as about 20 other people so it gets to the point that your gettin hit with hot casings all day. But sometimes I go and I'm all alone. hard to say. just depends on the day. its accessible by car if you arent in love with your car. its gravel but gets steep in some places and is washboardy. I've been to goat mountain and just didn't know it. not a bad place to shoot. the place in molalla is about 5 miles closer for me according to my car

A note for new shooters please make sure you don't shoot at trees, that you have a safe backstop and that you clean up.

shooters are getting a lot of flack in the news because of bad shooters shooting trees not having a safe back stop and not cleaning up

take this info and pass it on or they will close up all these free areas to shoot.

A note for new shooters please make sure you don't shoot at trees, that you have a safe backstop and that you clean up.

shooters are getting a lot of flack in the news because of bad shooters shooting trees not having a safe back stop and not cleaning up

take this info and pass it on or they will close up all these free areas to shoot.

Excellent advice :s0155:

I agree. A place I grew up shooting at got closed down a few years back because some guys went out and shot down about four full size fir trees. and left trash everywhere. If we are going to keep our spots and rights as gun owners please keep a good image

Thats where I go almost religiously. there are couple really long alley ways you can shoot at that have dirt (mostly) backstops. Its where I like to shoot my RRA 24" A4 varminter. and all my other goodies as well. I take my kids there also. never any problems and they get to see what a place looks like when you pack it in and dont pack it out. So it shows them what not to do with your old muffler and stove. other than easy to get to most places by car.

ya someone said they saw some closed signs the other weekend. So is that due to logging going on, or does anyone know. Isnt the gravel quarry up top about 7 miles. this kinda stinks.

Last Edited:
We sometimes drive to Squaw Mtn above Northfork Res.

There are two gravel pits and you can only shoot in the back one. You need to pick a time when the Dirt Bike riders won't be there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=n45 13.37 w122 1.28&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

For some reason I can't save the Google map directly at the gravel pits, but if you look just to the north of the road closer to Northfork you will see the pits

rangers told me it was due to shooting across the highway as well as campgrounds. is the first pit on the left as one heads up from 224 outside the no shooting zone?

Yeah I was shooting in the lower small pit once and was told by the local Sheriff and the Ranger that I had to go up farther to where there are two pits and only shoot in the back one.

is this on memaloose rd or somewhere else. I was thinking about checking it out in a few weeks for the first time and I dont want to end up shooting somewhere I'm not suppose to.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top