JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm getting ready to do my first 3gunning at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Tri county looks more impressive, with night shoots and all, but DRRC seems more my speed.

its seems that DRCC 3 guns events are on sundays

and Tricountys "multi gun" events are on Saturdays -

both once a month i think
that might make a difference for you.

Last Edited:
generally 3gun is Bring What Ya Got - although single shot may stretch that limit and your patience, Pumps will work, (and can almost be as fast as semi's with practice)

and depending on your location in portland -- which one is closer - Tricounty is SW area neer sherwood i think, DRRC is SE E out by eagle creek i want say.

Lot's of good choices for 3-gun shotguns. Depends on whether you just want to have fun, or if you want to be a serious competitor.

I use a Mossberg 500. The problem I have is that I have to push the forearm forward when pulling the trigger or it won't allow me to pump it. The 870 Express Tactical does not have that issue. FWIW Jerry Miculek uses a Mossberg 930 JM Pro.

15 Shotguns Designed For 3-Gun Competitions

those 930's i want to say start at about 600$, pretty good deal for a semi - although there are plenty of benelli clones.

Ive had a Mossy 500 and i don't remember having to push the forearm forward, sounds like a technical issue.

you might check gun broker or look around if your not opposed to getting a used shotgun.
I picked up a used HK Benelli a few years ago for under 500 - (granted it's a beat up old police cruiser shotgun with all the scars to show for it, but it's well broken in.)

Ive had a Mossy 500 and i don't remember having to push the forearm forward, sounds like a technical issue.

It might have been something that was in the production line during a period of time. But that's the way it worked, and a gunsmith at the time told me that's the way they are. Oh well. I'm glad if Mossberg fixed it. :)

Im sure you and your smith know more about em than i do...i just remember trying to be a man/stud and shot it one handed, it went bang, but it also lowered that temptation pretty quick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top