JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you referring to the Harold Fish case in Arizona? That is the only one I can find where this came up. The 10mm part was pretty minor compared to the issue with shooting an un-armed man. There were many other factors in this case with many saying he should not have been convicted (regardless of caliber).

And as to the point of the OP, it is good that more people are giving this some serious thought.
Don't ya just love Diversity! Of Opinion.

Anothers' outcome is not my cross to bear! (Or is it?) That is what courts do.

It would appear that here, there is no right or wrong, only thinking makes it so!
Until, of course, your' the defendant, wondering if your gonna spend a stretch
in Federal Prison.

But Hell, What a Rush it is to be impulsive with aggression, free of guilt! Or should I say
"In Denial". Because the Law and Personal Opinion are sometimes Divergent.

I think the OP's post was very thoughtful and well written.

My statements were meant to be helpful. But as we all know - No good deed goes unpunished.

Were my statements factual? Well, please define absolute truth. Is it the same as Relative Truth?

We are not Human Beings seeking a spiritual existence - We are already spiritual beings, seeking a Human Experience. So choose your illusions well, because your days here are numbered.

If I were to paraphrase your question, it would ask if I am ready to defend myself or become a statistic? The answer is that I will defend myself against the viscous animal if I must. I don't want to shoot anybody, but I will if the choice is "me or them". I'm a peaceful man, but as I age, I know I am looked at more like prey. I may not win in a gun fight with a seasoned hood-rat, but I will have died trying.

I, too, used to have USCCA insurance until Sideshow Bob ruled it to be somehow illegal to insure myself against the anti-2A crazies and legal lynch mobs.
What have you found as a workable (read: legal in WA) workaround? I was just about to press the trigger on ACLDN...

ETA: Corrected ACLDF to the proper abbreviation of ACLDN

As a retired Certified Insurance Consultant of over 3 decades, I was so impressed at the protection and empowerment of this plan that I came out of retirement to get the word out. This plan covers you in all types of life events:

If your travels take you to or through urban centers on a regular basis, I recommend getting front and rear dash cams for your vehicles, preferably one that can be easily turned to face the drivers or passengers side-widows as well. If the situation arose for you to defend yourself, the lefty thugs will lie through their teeth about how you were the aggressor and a dashcam with sound could be the difference between a lengthy trial and a release from suspicion. The rioters always have videos they are taking and will edit out all footage of them threatening or causing violence before a defensive shot is taken. You should be able to produce your own exculpatory video evidence.

I don't understand the statement, "hyper focused craving for center mass"

Are you referring to shot placement? Because that is just a general guideline to help get shots on target - in the defense of your life, shooting ANY part of the attacker would be better than none, there are simply anatomically speaking more effective areas than others.

To speak toward your .410 pistol. There are a lot of videos showing them to be comparatively inferior for self defense purposes, and while no one will volunteer to be shot with one, they represent more of a marketing success than a superbly effective self defense tool compared to traditional pistol cartridges.
the little .410 pistols might be useful in snake country, loaded with bird shot. More useful than my .38 snubbie loaded with shot-shells? IDK.. Have any real life tests been conducted on this? Inquiring Minds want to know!

Ok, lets look at a serious real world possibility here! Were very close to the edge here, one of lawlessness and chaos, a time when we must choose to defend ourselves and all we hold dear. We are almost at the point of having to open carry, to include long guns just to go to the store for needed supplies! With this push to de-fund the police and remove our protection, we have already seen an explosion in crimes, especially violent crimes against innocent people in areas where police are no longer doing their jobs! So, what does this look like when we have to defend ourselves in a society with no rule of law?
Who is going to come when you call 911, who is going to come and investigate a shooting, ANY shooting, defensive or criminal? And, who is going to attempt to prosecute some one for any of this? Street Justice, Revenge, Vendetta, Jollies, Crime, ect...........
It's going to get super ugly, and who do you trust? The Boog is Real, and it's Real Close at hand!

How are you training now? How are you prepared to go out and about, just going about life as normal as you can?
How are you set for self defense now?

Pretty heady stuff to have to think about! What if we cant get this under control? What if Pedo Joe and his Ilk win in Nov? what if Covid gets a lot worse this fall and winter? What if our Police all quit and walk off the job?
"Defund the Police" - I know some far left folks mean disband the police when they say defund the police, but I don't believe that is what the term originally meant and still means to many. It's a restructuring, not elimination. There is at least one example of a large city (Camden, NJ I believe) doing this year's ago with some moderate positive results in lower crime and other metrics.
Either way, the term sucks as it means different things to different people so you never know what they are really talking about.

Ok, lets look at a serious real world possibility here! Were very close to the edge here, one of lawlessness and chaos, a time when we must choose to defend ourselves and all we hold dear. We are almost at the point of having to open carry, to include long guns just to go to the store for needed supplies! With this push to de-fund the police and remove our protection, we have already seen an explosion in crimes, especially violent crimes against innocent people in areas where police are no longer doing their jobs! So, what does this look like when we have to defend ourselves in a society with no rule of law?
Who is going to come when you call 911, who is going to come and investigate a shooting, ANY shooting, defensive or criminal? And, who is going to attempt to prosecute some one for any of this? Street Justice, Revenge, Vendetta, Jollies, Crime, ect...........
It's going to get super ugly, and who do you trust? The Boog is Real, and it's Real Close at hand!

How are you training now? How are you prepared to go out and about, just going about life as normal as you can?
How are you set for self defense now?

Pretty heady stuff to have to think about! What if we cant get this under control? What if Pedo Joe and his Ilk win in Nov? what if Covid gets a lot worse this fall and winter? What if our Police all quit and walk off the job?
Methinks what is likely if there are no police/sheriffs to call, otherwise law-abiding people in this country will resort to "Call A Rope", was done in earlier more lawless times in our history. Vigilantism is not the best solution, but maybe the only one given the times. May the Almighty forfend that such times come to us or our descendants!

1) "Self defense from someone trying to inflict potentially lethal harm to yourself or loved ones is no different now than it was 10 years ago."
10 years ago BLM wasn't coiled to strike any time a white person defends his/her life against criminal assault by someone of color.
2) " That is the whole point. Empower criminals while demoralizing the "subjects".
The whole purpose of he exercise is to whip up hysteria and racial animus and make Caucasians afraid to defend their lives, homes, and families.
3) " Until you a source to quote I'm calling B.S. "
AZ. vs. Harold Fish (See Post #80)
4) " I'm a peaceful man, but as I age, I know I am looked at more like prey. "
I know what you mean - like a 3-legged wildebeest strolling by a pride of lions...
I hold Psalm 1911 in my heart.
5) I can just see them covered with surprise when the fire starts shooting out from under the car!! :D
Excuse me, but I wish to leave now.

ACLDN has stopped issuing new memberships in Washington State. I was able to renew since I was already a member.

ACLDN

I support this action as the WA Insurance Commissioner is politicizing his mandate illegally: Fight Against WA Insurance Commissioner provides options for online donations, or we welcome your phone call at 360-978-5200 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Time. Checks and money orders, marked for "insurance commission fight" are welcome at ACLDNetwork, P O Box 400, Onalaska, WA 98570. Thank you for your wish to help! It is so very heartening to have you standing beside us in such a material way as we undertake this battle.

As a believer, I have asked myself the same question, how will I respond if attacked and me, or my family, is threatened. I have come to the conclusion that if someone is willing to do physical harm to us, then they will understand how deeply I believe in protecting my family. As I watch videos of people beating others just because the color of their skin or they don't believe what is being pushed by the media, I am sickened by it and would also come to the aid of those being beaten.

Our initial duty is to keep ourselves out of that situation, but given that we cannot always do that, we need to be prepared to do what we have to to survive....or live with the decision of our inaction which could include ours, or our loved ones deaths.

the little .410 pistols might be useful in snake country, loaded with bird shot. More useful than my .38 snubbie loaded with shot-shells? IDK.. Have any real life tests been conducted on this? Inquiring Minds want to know!

If that was the purpose for why it is carried, sure, but when OP refers to using it for self defense purposes, snakes, generally aren't what is referenced. Real life tests? Plenty of gel youtube tests on this subject, not a lot of specific data on live test subjects.

My father questioned why I carry, and indignantly asked if I could actually shoot someone.

I reminded my Dad that he taught me how to shoot and how to fight.

And I told him that if the day ever comes that I need to shoot someone, the decision will have been made by by the perp, not me.

I will do everything I can do to avoid confrontation, but do not corner me, or the consequences are on you.

the first rule is DON'T DIE or all with you will. as for what's going on, the closer we get to the Election the more Violence you will see. it does not matter who wins November 3rd November 4th all HELL will Break Loose be prepared and keep your head on a swivel. good luck all.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews