JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at how things are nowadays, your highest risk would be while you're driving through protest area or being cornered while walking in protest area.

Avoid those high risk areas and you'll be fine. Things might change as time gets closer to election day and beyond. Protests always focus around government buildings that's why it all happens downtown and rarely spills outward.

Having said that, when it does spill out, stay indoors, call the cops, then lock and load. First one to cross the line of your doorstep gets 00Buck.

I, too, used to have USCCA insurance until Sideshow Bob ruled it to be somehow illegal to insure myself against the anti-2A crazies and legal lynch mobs.
What have you found as a workable (read: legal in WA) workaround? I was just about to press the trigger on ACLDF...

ACLDN has stopped issuing new memberships in Washington State. I was able to renew since I was already a member.

ACLDN

Last Edited:
Sheeeit... :oops:

Dammit, is there anyone left that services this state?

C10F3547-83D3-43B3-B74B-3CAC5A72EC31.jpeg
Yes, as a society and nation, we're edging ever closer to the Abyss. Take care not to be consumed, but at some point we must all pick the point that is our place to stand and back up no further.

On a basic level, I'm working on improving my physical fitness, my rifle is sighted in and I'm practicing dry fire drills as often as possible.

The two pain points I have are a family that doesn't see the danger, at least yet, and a homestead location that's going to be very hard to defend by myself.

If the I'll mannered goblins from the Abyss show up at my doorstep, we'll have a grand bout of fisticuffs.

Para Proelium

For personal Defense. Use what the local LEO's use. If you do not, you are at great risk of going to jail.
Reminds me of the case where a person used a 10mm in defense. It was an otherwise good shoot, but he was convicted for use of excessive force.

Until you a source to quote I'm calling B.S.

I've known a few cops that carried 10mm in a non-issue weapon.

View attachment 722956
Yes, as a society and nation, we're edging ever closer to the Abyss. Take care not to be consumed, but at some point we must all pick the point that is our place to stand and back up no further.

On a basic level, I'm working on improving my physical fitness, my rifle is sighted in and I'm practicing dry fire drills as often as possible.

The two pain points I have are a family that doesn't see the danger, at least yet, and a homestead location that's going to be very hard to defend by myself.

If the I'll mannered goblins from the Abyss show up at my doorstep, we'll have a grand bout of fisticuffs.

Para Proelium
Develop a small, able and resourceful circle of like minded neighbors and friends. Offer them refuge from the apocalypse and they will defend it as their own.

Just renewed too. So glad I got in a few years ago.
Dammit... again...

I guess I shoulda signed up as soon as I got the notice from USCCA that they weren't renewing my coverage.
I dicked around looking for alternatives, and never pulled the trigger on anything.
Now it looks like I might be SOL...

Does anyone here know if there are any alternative coverage suppliers for WA state residents anymore?

If deadly physical force is justified to protect yourself or others, it does not matter one bit what is used as the weapon...be it bare hands, a gun, knife, vehicle, or an Acme anvil out of the sky! What matters is the reasonableness of your actions. It's all about context and articulating why certain things happened. If it came down to 10mm vs. 9mm for example, then shooting someone with a rifle or shotgun is surely out of the question, right? I think the story someone heard from a friend about a guy with the 10mm was just making a case for 10mm being "best mm". Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence! And speaking of which, the prosecutor has the burden of proof in showing that a shooting was a crime or not. Obviously though, a case of self defense requires an explanation of the circumstances and cooperating, with my attorney present, is something I personally would do. The science of ballistics and forensics can tell the tale, but the shooter should be able to tell why the tale happened in the first place. I can say from being an LEO for over 25 years that cops are on the side of the CHL holder much more than politicians would have you think. All I can say is be righteous in your actions and tell the truth!

Here's an example of one my team investigated years ago...
Love it! Justice served! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, Mssrs. Alig and Rhee!

And thank you, @RangerArms for your, and your team's, service!

An oft used axiom I've heard from old-timers is that the dead can't testify, AKA "Dead men tell no tales". However, this thinking "shoot em' dead'" is a foolish mindset and an even more foolish mindset to declare so publicly.

Legal self-defense involving lethal force means stopping the threat. If putting a few well placed shots center-mass is the best way to do this, and the results of doing so also causes the attacker to expire, than that is the circumstances. It, however, ought naught be the primary intention, as that is murder. For those that may not only grasp the need to justify it to society, but to their maker as well, one needs to seriously take these distinctions into consideration. Self-defense is justified. Murder is not.

Anyone who decides to carry a firearm needs to grapple the question of whether they're willing to use deadly force -- which may result in the taking of another human (or humans') life. If one is not comfortable with this fundamental issue, they might want to reconsider their decision to carry.

The advise to utilize what LEO's use is sound -- Factory self-defense ammo. Not your 'super-hot' hand-loads. Not exotic novelty ammo(IE. frangible, Flechette, R.I.P. etc. etc. etc.).
'
.410 is a poor choice. An even poorer choice is to consider the 'giggle' factor when choosing a viable self-defense ammo. There is nothing funny about potentially taking another's life in defense of one's own, or the lives of one's own family. It ought to be considered a necessary duty, not a pleasure.

An oft used axiom I've heard from old-timers is that the dead can't testify, AKA "Dead men tell no tales". However, this thinking "shoot em' dead'" is a foolish mindset and an even more foolish mindset to declare so publicly.

Legal self-defense involving lethal force means stopping the threat. If putting a few well placed shots center-mass is the best way to do this, and the results of doing so also causes the attacker to expire, than that is the circumstances. It, however, ought naught be the primary intention, as that is murder. For those that may not only grasp the need to justify it to society, but to their maker as well, one needs to seriously take these distinctions into consideration. Self-defense is justified. Murder is not.

Anyone who decides to carry a firearm needs to grapple the question of whether they're willing to use deadly force -- which may result in the taking of another human (or humans') life. If one is not comfortable with this fundamental issue, they might want to reconsider their decision to carry.

The advise to utilize what LEO's use is sound -- Factory self-defense ammo. Not your 'super-hot' hand-loads. Not exotic novelty ammo(IE. frangible, Flechette, R.I.P. etc. etc. etc.).
'
.410 is a poor choice. An even poorer choice is to consider the 'giggle' factor when choosing a viable self-defense ammo. There is nothing funny about potentially taking another's life in defense of one's own, or the lives of one's own family. It ought to be considered a necessary duty, not a pleasure.
And then there's dumb names.. you be the judge.

lol

If deadly physical force is justified to protect yourself or others, it does not matter one bit what is used as the weapon...be it bare hands, a gun, knife, vehicle, or an Acme anvil out of the sky! What matters is the reasonableness of your actions. It's all about context and articulating why certain things happened. If it came down to 10mm vs. 9mm for example, then shooting someone with a rifle or shotgun is surely out of the question, right? I think the story someone heard from a friend about a guy with the 10mm was just making a case for 10mm being "best mm". Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence! And speaking of which, the prosecutor has the burden of proof in showing that a shooting was a crime or not. Obviously though, a case of self defense requires an explanation of the circumstances and cooperating, with my attorney present, is something I personally would do. The science of ballistics and forensics can tell the tale, but the shooter should be able to tell why the tale happened in the first place. I can say from being an LEO for over 25 years that cops are on the side of the CHL holder much more than politicians would have you think. All I can say is be righteous in your actions and tell the truth!

Exactly. Thank you for so eloquently crushing that lame myth.

say wha ? Please cite the case, or proof to illustrate that it was the calibre made the difference in the outcome this case. I call BS.
Makes good sense. I said this once before. My WW II Uncle Bill who did Europe, liberated a few concentration camps and brothels, delivering babies; handed me down this lesson.

Uncle Bill told me to always have available and or shoot what ever caliber or round the government used. Just think that through and the implications.....

One new aspect of carrying compared to 6 months ago is really emboldened stupid people. Their numbers nationwide has swelled. We have federal, state and local leaders incorrectly telling them they are in the right.

Previously, even an idiot could realize they are losing but your Maxine Waters and AOCs, tell them they are right. They are proven to shoot their comrades, women and children. Staying away from Hotspots is best but not always enough.

For personal Defense. Use what the local LEO's use. If you do not, you are at great risk of going to jail.
Reminds me of the case where a person used a 10mm in defense. It was an otherwise good shoot, but he was convicted for use of excessive force.
Are you referring to the Harold Fish case in Arizona? That is the only one I can find where this came up. The 10mm part was pretty minor compared to the issue with shooting an un-armed man. There were many other factors in this case with many saying he should not have been convicted (regardless of caliber).

And as to the point of the OP, it is good that more people are giving this some serious thought.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top