JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The second picture above all else. then the third if you have too. My training rifle is a simple wasr with warsaw lop. my ak that i test loads with and have glass mounted on has all the tacticool gear.. stuff I'd never run and gun with.

I'm not a fan of the Mid west industries rail. I greatly dislike anything that prevents me from removing the gas tube. I wish they would have gone the same route that ultimak had and made the bottom forearm tri rail seperate then untilize a railed gas tube. However.. I dislike the ultimak railed gas tube. I'm just a fan of the lower tri-rail that bolts on. It still allows me to remove the gas tube withthout any special tools and it also aids in accuracy. Speaking of which, if you'd like to increase the sight radious, try the TWS second gen rail (dust cover) with some back up sight. the only issues with mine thus far is the finish.. they may have well just not have painted the thing it wears off so fast.

I'd go with a grip designed more-so for the platform such as the US palm grips or perhaps ergo.. there are some other AK-PGs that the names I'm blaking on right now get the job done too. Let the AR/M4 grips stay with that platform.

For compactness have you checked out the CAA or Vltor tubes with whatever type of 6 position stock you'd like? I'm in the midst of torture testing one right now to see how it'll stand up. (The tube I mean)
Also, if you've trained with a forward pistol grip and it aids in your training then by all means, but I found it to get in my way when shooting/reloading/going prone and transitioning.

In my opinion the A2 grip off the AR isn't comfortable and doesn't fit my hand right. Now the older versions of the ak, pistol grip can be just as uncomfortable however some recent manufacturers have came out with new molds that aid in a better purchase on the PG. I am a fan of mounting furniture designed around the particular platform I'm using, that way the fit isn't off.
But really the PG on a rifle comes down to personal preference. I have almost a different grip on every rifle due to preference and purpose. My favorite being the ptr91 style PG ergo makes for the ak that I have mounted on my S.308

Good call on shorting the stock! Also thank you for taking off the vert grip. It's cool when you can put together all the parts/features you like on a weapon system and get a finished product. I hope you enjoy it now!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top