Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

closed

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by imandrew18, Jun 15, 2012.

1. imandrew18

imandrew18 Salem, Oregon Active Member

closed

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I personally like the stock/traditional look , but pretty cool. :)

3. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Stock...

4. imandrew18

closed

5. imandrew18

closed

6. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

2nd or 3rd pic in my opinion....

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

The second picture above all else. then the third if you have too. My training rifle is a simple wasr with warsaw lop. my ak that i test loads with and have glass mounted on has all the tacticool gear.. stuff I'd never run and gun with.

I'm not a fan of the Mid west industries rail. I greatly dislike anything that prevents me from removing the gas tube. I wish they would have gone the same route that ultimak had and made the bottom forearm tri rail seperate then untilize a railed gas tube. However.. I dislike the ultimak railed gas tube. I'm just a fan of the lower tri-rail that bolts on. It still allows me to remove the gas tube withthout any special tools and it also aids in accuracy. Speaking of which, if you'd like to increase the sight radious, try the TWS second gen rail (dust cover) with some back up sight. the only issues with mine thus far is the finish.. they may have well just not have painted the thing it wears off so fast.

I'd go with a grip designed more-so for the platform such as the US palm grips or perhaps ergo.. there are some other AK-PGs that the names I'm blaking on right now get the job done too. Let the AR/M4 grips stay with that platform.

For compactness have you checked out the CAA or Vltor tubes with whatever type of 6 position stock you'd like? I'm in the midst of torture testing one right now to see how it'll stand up. (The tube I mean)
    Also, if you've trained with a forward pistol grip and it aids in your training then by all means, but I found it to get in my way when shooting/reloading/going prone and transitioning.

8. imandrew18

closed

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

In my opinion the A2 grip off the AR isn't comfortable and doesn't fit my hand right. Now the older versions of the ak, pistol grip can be just as uncomfortable however some recent manufacturers have came out with new molds that aid in a better purchase on the PG. I am a fan of mounting furniture designed around the particular platform I'm using, that way the fit isn't off.
    But really the PG on a rifle comes down to personal preference. I have almost a different grip on every rifle due to preference and purpose. My favorite being the ptr91 style PG ergo makes for the ak that I have mounted on my S.308

10. imandrew18

closed

11. imandrew18

closed

12. imandrew18

closed

13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I like the wood stocks on the old milsurp type rifles.Heck It changed out the quad rails on my ARs

14. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

Maybe a stupid question, but how does it shoot?

15. imandrew18

closed

16. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I've never understood this....what's your reasoning?

Need a micro dot and you should be GTG.

17. imandrew18

closed

18. Smarshy74

Smarshy74 Mount Vernon, WA New Member

Good call on shorting the stock! Also thank you for taking off the vert grip. It's cool when you can put together all the parts/features you like on a weapon system and get a finished product. I hope you enjoy it now!

19. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

some people feel more secure when at a glance they can see no rounds in the chamber, additionally a bolt hold open is a requirement at many ranges