JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Curious if you had any jam problems in the first 450 rounds or just the last 150 rounds? Is it safe to say this rifle has never been cleaned? Did it jam on factory ammo or reloads? Thanks!

It's had malfunctions (jams, failures to feed, etc) on a pretty regular basis since new.

The gun has never been taken apart and cleaned. It came with a pretty heavy coat of cosmo/grease stuff when I bought it, so I cleaned the bore before I shot it the first time for safety reasons. Other than that, I just wipe down the exposed metal with remoil when I'm done shooting to protect from rust. It's possible that it would be more reliable if it was taken apart and thoroughly cleaned, but like I said, it sounds like a PITA to strip and I haven't been concerned enough to find out yet.

The first 10 rounds through it were factory ammo. Don't remember for sure if there was any malfunctions or not, but it does seem like I had one jam.

All the rounds since then were reloads. But, I check them with the case gauge, so that's not an issue, and most of the loads are mid-level so it's not like I'm shooting light loads that won't cycle the action, so I don't know if my reloads are the reason for the malfunctions or not. I've loaded for semi-autos in .32acp, 9mm, 7.62x25, .44mag, and .308, and have never had issues with them like I have with this .223.

When I shot it the other day, it did have more problems on the rounds with a longer OAL though.

If someone's interested in the gun but concerned about reliability, I don't have a problem with anyone running some mags through it first, as long as you supply the ammo, and it's factory ammo.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.