Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

closed

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by coosbaycreep, Nov 2, 2010.

1. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

closed

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  2. masmas45

masmas45 Central Washington State Member

Why not find a reasonally priced rifle for your bayonet. I've got 6 I would like to move. By the way, your bayo and the matching rifle were mfg. 1894. Bob chickenman45@msn.com

3. coosbaycreep

How much is "reasonably priced"? Because unless I find one dirt cheap, by the time I get brass and dies for it, I'll have a fair amount of money tied up in a gun that's not as strong/safe as later mausers, and not as interesting to me from a historical viewpoint as milsurps used by the major combatants of WWI/II.

4. masmas45

masmas45 Central Washington State Member

I guess it boils down to whether you are a "collector" or "shooter", and what you call dirt cheap. I have 2 Ludwig & Loewe rifles that have all matching serial numbers, (stock, receiver, barrel, magazine plate and cleaning rod), good bores, no cracks but a few 115 year old dings. The stocks have never been touched and have all cartouches. These qualify as Antique. #1 is $250 and #2 $300. One last thought, it's not how much money you put into a collection, but how much enjoyment you get out of it. Best wishes which ever you go.

5. coosbaycreep

That's more than I'd be interesting in spending on one at the moment, but thanks anyway.

6. coosbaycreep

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.