JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's probably not worth any more or less than a normal Sig p229. I'd guess anywhere between $600 and $800 depending on the condition of the firearm.

Btw, punctuation and spell check are your friends. Also, just so's you know...
51840105.jpg
Unless you have an M1 Garand, in which case you have a CLIPAZINE :eek:

I doubt it makes it any more valuable, it anything it might be a detriment to selling it if you ever do. Many police departments wanted pistols with magazine safeties so if an officer was fighting for weapons retention with a suspect he could just drop the magazine if it looked like the suspect was going to gain control over the pistol and it wouldn't fire if the suspect tried to turn it on the officer.

Some folks have no problem having a firearm with a magazine safety (I don't), but several people I have talked to say they would never have a gun that they couldn't fire with one in the chamber and the magazine removed.

Magazine safeties often have a detrimental effect on the trigger pull, and often the first and most effective means of improving the trigger on such a gun is (if possible) to remove it. Of course you keep the parts in case you ever want to sell it.

The rubber grips are probably screwed in so tightly that it is causing the gun to act like it has a magazine safety.
I'll bet if you remove the Houge grips... it will work normally.
Be careful not to lose any of the springs while the grips are off.

I prefer it for storage purposes.

Im not sure I follow this point?:huh: If your concern is for safety, then store the weapon without a magazine and without a round in the chamber. You will create the same condition. But, having a firearm with a magazine safety is only limiting your ability to fight in a pinch.

No it is not a certified pre-owned.( I bought it from the original owner) and they will not resale these modified guns at least that is what I gathered from sig.So I guess the question is does anyone else got one that is modified in the forum?

There are lots of Sigs out there with the mag safety. If the pistol was purchased new, It is a parts gun. Sig has a recent history of making guns out of parts that happen to be lying around at assembly time.
There are elite P220's and P229's with the incorrect slide- no front serrations.

No it was purchased from a retired officer neither here nor their this is a pretty large forum does anyone here have one?? Everywhere I look I cant find one. I am sure they are out their but not to the extent people would like to say can anyone find another? because I cant.

so, its on the right side of the frame... opposite the ejector. What exactly does it do in function? does it interfere with the firing pin block on the bottom of the breech block, or does it do something else?

Their is a bump on it and it disengages the trigger bar IE drops trigger bar by pushing downward from engaging hammer. When clip is inserted the bump goes back totaly disengaging from trigger bar. Trigger bar goes back up to engage hammer. Decock still works without mag too.

is the trigger bar modified to accept it, or can the safety be removed without it functioning the rest of the operation?

If you really wanted some informed answers on that gun... go to Sigforum. There is no better :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top