Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

closed

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by coosbaycreep, Oct 5, 2009.

1. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

closed

2. coosbaycreep

one bump before I go camping and put it back in the safe

also interested in a stainless mini 14, vz52 in 7.62x39mm, or .454 super redhawk

3. coosbaycreep

yep, like that

4. rudedog04

rudedog04 oregon-roseburg Member

whats the number after 629? like 4 example 629 -5 u will find this right infron of cylnder when it is open

5. coosbaycreep

this isn't a 629, it's a 29-2
    629s are stainless, although they make nickel plated model 29s too (wish I had one)

6. rudedog04

rudedog04 oregon-roseburg Member

wow that is a dirty harry gun the last one i seen in rsbg gunshop the wanted 8-9 hundred forthe pistol

7. coosbaycreep

The prices at roseburg gun shop are completely ridiculous anyway. They actually had a model 29 not too long ago for $500 or $550, but it had the longer barrel, and there was almost no blueing left on it.

The last 6 or 7 new guns I bought were all from portland or philomath for that very reason. Even with the lousy gas mileage that my vehicle gets, I still save $20-$100+ by heading north, and the service is the same if not better, and there's a better selection too. I will never buy another new gun from any shop in the roseburg or coos bay areas again.

I bought a brand new 629 5" full underlug from keith's sporting goods up in gresham earlier this year for $769, and other than having that hideous lock on the side of it, it's the niced handgun I've ever owned. The trigger pull (especially in DA) on the 29-2 I have for sale is still better than my new 629, but for me, the 5" handles way better, the hogue monogrips fit my hands better, and I shoot better with the 629 than I do the 29. The wood grips on the 29 aren't comfortable to shoot with at all. The pachmyrs were on it when I got it, and they do help some with the recoil, but I've got small hands and they don't fit as good. If I was to start shooting that one a lot again, I'd put some of the hogue monogrips on that one as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.