Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

closed

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by coosbaycreep, Oct 4, 2009.

1. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

closed

2. Andy

Andy Aurora, OR Active Member

What do you mean 'it turns into a single shot'? It does not cycle?

Doesn't it have a gas regulator knob?

:confused:

3. MWS

MWS Oregon City,OR Member

It looks like that " Carbine " with a scope on it. The sniper model has a Harris bipod, H&K Navy type polymer trigger group, stock adjustable for length of pull and cheek rest height, original H&K pre-ban flash hider & 18" fluted barrel. Very nice weapon though.

4. coosbaycreep

the south african surplus ammo I shot uses a tar sealant that clogs the flutes according to PTR, so it doesn't cycle. It works great with the expensive remington/winchester/federal stuff though

I didn't say this is the sniper rifle. The scope is the "sniper" scope from cheaper than dirt. They sell two kinds of surplus german scopes, and I bought the "sniper" one

this gun is the base rifle without the rails (has holes in handguard to attach them though) and the 16" heavy barrel. PTR's website explains the differences between them

5. milwaukieman

milwaukieman SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

PMC and Wolf also run well in these rifles, at least the one I have.

6. ktd

ktd nw Member

HK G3 type rifles are roller locked recoil operated, they do not have a gas regulator.

7. coosbaycreep

here's some pics of the ugly shotgun, and a few more pics of the PTR:

8. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Ditto on the Wolf: I've never had a jam with Steel ammo, however - with brass, if you don't lube the heck out of it, it will jam. Mine is close to new as well, maybe once I get some rounds through it it will loosen up. I'm using the $$4/5 recycled old German military mags too, and suspect that might be why the Bundesfair retired them:) I'll say that the accuracy with iron sights at the 100 yard line was amazing...for me. I was running steel Wolf ammo and loving it. So I put on the identical Hensoldt scope you have after some research learning that Hensoldt line of optics is the military version scope from the Carl Zeiss scope company. Then I took it out with some real high end target ammo (brass cased) and was I disappointed when the 2nd round would jam. I'd unjam it and the first one would fire then jam on the 2nd. Switched back to Wolf steel and it went back to running full mags no jams. The clarity of this scope is as good as the $1400 Leupold scope on my other .308. There is a learning curve I haven't spent to time or energy to have gotten yet - but it looks like once I figure it out, distance shots and changing distances will be easier and better than the other scope. The Stanang claw mount rules too.

Someone will be happy with this rifle. :thumbup: My PTR-91 would be the last rifle to go from my safe. The only thing I dislike is that when you are sliding the charging handle back, you can easily slice your finger. The German Military guys had told me that with the HKs they were carrying, and I'd never had it happen when we went out on shoots cause they repeatedly warned me, so I'd totally forgotten about it. Till the first time I had this one out! I'd never understood what the **** they were talking about cause it never happened to me, then the memorys all came flooding back first time I cranked it back and sliced my index finger. LOL!

9. coosbaycreep

shotgun reduced to $160

10. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

That rifle is so nice. I really would like to buy that..............But im broke. Just mentioning how nice it is...............Good Luck

That looks a lot like a cetme or HK 91.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.