JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss the days of "primitive hunting season."

I understand the idea of why some folks use modern muzzle loading rifles...
Longer season , the ability to take any deer in many areas...
As well as getting all the sales talk / you tube "wisdom" and the like regarding the supposed superiority of modern inline muzzle loaders and how that would sway people into thinking some things.

In my view it ain't much different than using a modern center fire rifle.
These rifles are muzzle loaders ....but are also a work around to a regulation...
Regulations that keep changing and moving away from their original intent.
Hence my lament for the days of "primitive hunting season" as it was called where I grew up.

In any event...
Hunt well , respect the land , respect your hunting and shooting abilities and respect the animal being hunted.
Andy

Finally, a reason to actually buy this thing!!!

1660165988684.jpeg

I miss the days of "primitive hunting season."

I understand the idea of why some folks use modern muzzle loading rifles...
Longer season , the ability to take any deer in many areas...
As well as getting all the sales talk / you tube "wisdom" and the like regarding the supposed superiority of modern inline muzzle loaders and how that would sway people into thinking some things.

In my view it ain't much different than using a modern center fire rifle.
These rifles are muzzle loaders ....but are also a work around to a regulation...
Regulations that keep changing and moving away from their original intent.
Hence my lament for the days of "primitive hunting season" as it was called where I grew up.

In any event...
Hunt well , respect the land , respect your hunting and shooting abilities and respect the animal being hunted.
Andy
i know right, few years ago got a 50 cal BP for dirt cheep (was never cleaned and owner wanted to unload it) cleaned up real nice :D
looked at the regs for when muzzle loader season was and was all WTH when did they remove it ..... still haven't shot it ....

209 primers are legal now too. I shoot an inline with open ignition and musket caps and don't like the new rules. Next will be sabots and optics which would make the rifle nearly as effective as a centerfire.

I lament many things that have changed in this world but hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Take heart though as I don't think you will see magnified optics being allowed on muzzleloaders and that is fine with me.

I lament many things that have changed in this world but hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Take heart though as I don't think you will see magnified optics being allowed on muzzleloaders and that is fine with me.
Ah yes, that silly genie. Same one the ATF is stuffing back into the "arm brace" bottle? :s0093:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top