JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in Tahuya, the Tahuya Blacksmith gravel road mentioned a few posts previous is not marked "no shooting" that whole area is private tree farm. Also all along bear creek dewatto rd, any of the gates are marked and private. Not a lot of choices out this way anymore. There is a range fairly close to Bremerton called Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. They have a decent setup. Also there is the Poulsbo sportsmans club. They are the local "NRA approved" range. When I get free chances I try and locate a close shooting spot to Tahuya. When I do I'll pass the info along. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know and I'll check 'em out!

I live in Tahuya, the Tahuya Blacksmith gravel road mentioned a few posts previous is not marked "no shooting" that whole area is private tree farm. Also all along bear creek dewatto rd, any of the gates are marked and private. Not a lot of choices out this way anymore. There is a range fairly close to Bremerton called Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. They have a decent setup. Also there is the Poulsbo sportsmans club. They are the local "NRA approved" range. When I get free chances I try and locate a close shooting spot to Tahuya. When I do I'll pass the info along. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know and I'll check 'em out!

Hey let me know if you find any. I know it is "legal" to shoot in the state forest but I want something safe, just for shooting my 9mm a couple times a month. I could legally shoot at my place but too many houses around. I wouldn't mind going with someone else since it sounds a bit scary to be out there in the woods with all sorts out shooting who knows where. Weekdays are probably better for less people/ORVs.

Heya Sig40. I'm interested in spots in Tahuya as well. Have you found anything in the past year? I went up recently to the place I mentioned a few pages back, and you were right about it being a private tree farm. It had a fresh sign stating so, and no shooting. I'll probably drive up around the area this weekend or next weekend to look at the Belfair-Tahuya Rd./Tahuya-Blacksmith Rd. intersection spots. But I get the feeling that Kitsap county is basically a lost cause for shooting in the woods these days. I'd love to have the ability to bring a few friends, grill some burgers, and sip sodas, mixed with some target practice. Gosh, I just need to move to Montana, get 100 acres, and shoot off the back porch.:rolleyes:

Blasdgag, Go down South Shore to Trails End Road, take a left, go to Mason Lake road, go past it 150 Yards, on the left there is land I shoot on regularly, but I pack out What I bring in and the County Road Veers Right at the Clear Cut, you're safe to shoot there and hell, even BBQ I suppose.
99% of your safest shots can be taken up to 160-180 Yards, after that the skyline is simply too close to the target for ricochets to do silly things.

Also you can take the road to mason lake to the right, and take the first logging road to the right to a large burm, 10 feet to about 180 feet shooting distance, but most of the time you gotta walk 1/2 mile because they don't like vehicles up there and block the base off with Stumps, which DEFINITELY helps prevent idiots from shooting appliances and what not and leaving them up there.

Regardless, each time I go I take away 200% more than I bring so that I can preserve the allowance for us to use the areas said within this post.

Feel free to drop me a text at three six zero eight zero one Five nine nine nine a day before you plan on seeking a spot, maybe I'll have enough money and ammo to hang with you.

Regards,

koolminx (Gary)

Wow thanks koolminx! I'll definitely have to check that out soon. Its almost a half hour closer to me than the other spots I've been going.

I did a quick look on google maps, and I did see there are some homes around Mason Lake that look to be within noise distance. Have you had any interaction with the locals? Oh, and do you know if this is private tree farm land or DNR?

I will definitely give you a text before I go out there, whenever that may be.

With optimism,
blasdgag (Chad)

It's land leased to a private company, but basically state owned land, and nobody had ever come to talk to us while we were out shooting.

The place just around the corner is the one I like best so far.

It's land leased to a private company, but basically state owned land, and nobody had ever come to talk to us while we were out shooting.

The place just around the corner is the one I like best so far.
Call me geographically challenged lol, but am having a hard time locating this on a map. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction (PM is fine ). Or hell, let me know next time you head out there

Thanks! :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top