JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to put a secondary, lightweight optic on my AR which is set up with a Burris 3-9x scope for longer range shooting. I am thinking of using something like a Burris Fastfire on a 45 degree Daniel Defense mount. Also considering the Vortex SPARC. I am looking for input on this idea. An AimPoint T-1 would be nice but I am trying to keep the cost down around $200 for the optics and less than $100 for the mount. Thanks.

<broken link removed>

and the Fastfire would work well. It's a little higher on the mount, but find a sale on the Burris, and it's within your budget.

Or, super cheap, do the SPARC and an NCStar mount for something about $180.

weaver and DD both have the 1 o clock mount . I used the aimpoint tube type micro sight and was not too happy with it ended up using the docter reflex (like the fast fire you are considering) much better results . the T1 is very durable durable as opposed to having the little tv screen sights which due to location can get damaged unless you get that one made by trijicon

it about as fast as you can get for going from reflex to magnified . i have used the docter piggy back , the aimpoint with flip to side 3x and 5x , and the 1-4 accupoint.

i really did like the accupoint the best but it was not as fast as just tilting the rifle and its only 1 vs 2 .

I think the burkett although a all in one is quite speendy compared to just getting a winged mount and angle mount .

its getting kind of crazy how many sights we put on a simple rifle. a primary a secondary and just in case they both fail a set of back up irons when all we really needed was the original irons to begin with.

What you planning on doing with the rifle?

H

i plan on running it over with my truck, trowing it in sand , then a lake , then hitting it with tannerlite and then dropping out of a helicopter , then taking on the zombie apocalypse.

Do you think my NC Star can handle it?

Just kidding .

its getting kind of crazy how many sights we put on a simple rifle. a primary a secondary and just in case they both fail a set of back up irons when all we really needed was the original irons to begin with.
LOL, true! And in answer to a post further up: what I want to do with the rifle... Just mess around really. I want to shoot at targets out at 200 or 300 yards (bench and prone) and like to use a scope so I can see better. We also do a bunch of shooting at 50 to 100 yards and I want to get better at off-hand, quick acquisition shooting. I am lazy and don't want to trade out the scopes. I actually do not find the 3x setting too hard to use up close but thought I would like to try the other options. Someday I may build more of a lightweight CQB rifle and move the optics to it.

LOL, true! And in answer to a post further up: what I want to do with the rifle... Just mess around really. I want to shoot at targets out at 200 or 300 yards (bench and prone) and like to use a scope so I can see better. We also do a bunch of shooting at 50 to 100 yards and I want to get better at off-hand, quick acquisition shooting. I am lazy and don't want to trade out the scopes. I actually do not find the 3x setting too hard to use up close but thought I would like to try the other options. Someday I may build more of a lightweight CQB rifle and move the optics to it.

This was a topic a month ago ,but more about a primary 1-4X type.I looked at those and didn't like them. I went with the 3-9X and don't find it a problem for up close stuff.Still has a good field of view at close range.
And might as well just buy another AR for up close.Can't have too many.

0c02c16d.jpg

Not on a AR but pretty much the same setup. I tried mounting it on top of the scope and found the cheek weld unnaturual and slower to acquire. The trade off is now she is pretty much a righty only.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top