Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Close one!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Partsproduction, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

I got my CZ 24 today, very nice condition. I decided to shoot it, so went to load up the magazine with .380. Hmm? .380 won't fit. Now I'm thinking I remember the CZ 24 was also made as a .32, so I load it up with .32 auto, these fit well, holds 9 rounds.
    The first few rounds fired I'm thinking "Man, this isn't very accurate!" The hits go from one side to the other about 3" from center at 15 feet!
    Now, none of the rounds are cycling the action, "Hmm, I guess I got taken" I'm thinking. So I cycle by hand and keep shooting.
    The seventh round, nothing. The 8th, no fire, the 9th, nada. Then I look at the floor, the cases are ballooned out! I quickly (But not quickly enough!) realize that the gun is a .380 but the mag is a .32 mag from a CZ 27.

One of the last rounds that didn't fire has a pretty good dent in the primer, but didn't fire. I open the slide, and there way down at the far end of the chamber sits a loaded round captured by the rim!

If one of the last two rounds had gone off it would have been,,,interesting.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, at least today. That's the first time I've ever gotten a gun with the wrong magazine.

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Better buy a lottery ticket today!!
    Wow that would have been UGLY!

3. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

X2! You sir are alucky man,glad to hear nothing serious happened to you or your pistol. Because of this scenario I will always double check the mags on any used semi-auto I purchase.

4. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Crazy man, little too much of a scare for me, even if it is Halloween

Glad you're alright and the new toy is unharmed, I sense a magazine is gonna be in the trade section of the classifieds soon

5. Partsproduction

The seller has already agreed to send me the correct mag. But I'm wondering how many other parts are switched. They did make these in .32 ACP, and they look identical. The barrel is .380, but maybe the slide is .32? (breech face rim machining) And is the frame, which doesn't match the slide's numbers, is it a .32?
    I'm sorry I bought it now.

6. numbnutz

Well if it was bought off of this forum or any other for that matter,make sure that you leave the correct feed back so that other potential buyers know what they are getting into before hand.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are bummed on your new purchase,no-one deserves to regret a purchase they've made that same day

7. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

I'd be more concerned about buying again from the "seller". And who might that be?

8. numbnutz

Ya thats what I meant,but its getting late:laugh:

9. Partsproduction

I bought it on Gun Broker. The gun was on consignment. The dealer has been very nice about it.

10. snowdriver

snowdriver sandy,oregon Member

wow,i would think that would be a rare occurance,,,,,but i will check any guns i get to be sure,,,,scaaary