JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up an Aimpoint or I think it's an Aimpoint. Tried to read and see and I'm leaning more towards it is a clone.

Can y'all give me some insight. I believe they sprayed this to turn it tan. And is the serial number usually engraved or just written on?

Thanks for your help!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The paint should come off easily with GoofOff or GooGone and some elbow grease. That looks to be a genuine Aimpoint but a picture of the inside of the battery compartment and a picture of the turrets with the caps off would help verify it.

Depending on the model and date of manufacture the serial number may be printed or laser etched on the body of the scope. You could strip the paint off the body of the scope beneath the turrets to see if the serial number is present, which you could then verify with Aimpoint via email. Be aware though - I can't tell if this is a CompM2, but if it is a lot of them were "liberated" by unscrupulous military personnel and then found their way to the used market. If yours happens to be one that was originally sold to the military it may raise some red flags if you try to verify the serial number.

I purchased it on mercari as a patrol red dot optic. I'm guessing you may be right that it was a military optic. Appreciate all the help. Going to buy some good gone to remove the paint.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That sure looks to be a genuine Aimpoint but it isn't the PRO model you were lead to believe. The CompM2 is still a good optic. My only concern would be that it was a "liberated" military optic that found it's way to civilian hands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top