JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there a reason why cops dont just use tranquilizer guns in certain situations? Obviously most situations would require a real gun, but some of the "questionable" shootings that make it to the news seem like they couldve been avoided. For example, several cops surrounding an unarmed crazy man, or same situation but the guy has a knife...just seems like tranquilizer guns would be perfect for this type of situation where there are multiple cops with real guns standing by just in case. Would prevent a lot of law suits if nothing else...
There are way too many variables involved with a tranquilizer dart to be effective as a less lethal option on a human. Different body weights, different tolerances to a fixed dose, different interactions with drugs or alcohol already consumed by the target, and different absorption rates into the body depending upon where the dart hit. Darts are fine if you need to sedate a wild animal because you have the luxury of being able to wait indefinitely or use another dart if needed, and if you accidentally overdose the animal and it dies...its an animal. Dead animals don't file wrongful-death lawsuits.

There are way too many variables involved with a tranquilizer dart to be effective as a less lethal option on a human. Different body weights, different tolerances to a fixed dose, different interactions with drugs or alcohol already consumed by the target, and different absorption rates into the body depending upon where the dart hit. Darts are fine if you need to sedate a wild animal because you have the luxury of being able to wait indefinitely or use another dart if needed, and if you accidentally overdose the animal and it dies...its an animal. Dead animals don't file wrongful-death lawsuits.
Thanks, that makes sense...

1427478865916592788.gif

:s0125::s0125::s0113::s0113::s0140::s0140:

Officer: "Just you wait until I get my ping-pong ball attached to my Glock, you are so dead"

Thug: Bang, bang, bang, bang

Reporter: "Yet another senseless tragedy brought on by racist officers using excessive force"

Public: facepalm

I used to hunt elk with a retired LAPD cop, and while we traveled to and from our hunting areas he would tell me stories of the good old days.

He had a real problem with guys that beat up defenseless women and kids.
Him and his partner always managed to find a set of stairs that were dangerously slippery and wasn't it too bad the dead beat jerk fell down.

On a lighter note, his favorite story was of a guy that owned a Porsche 911 with the plates removed and while he and his partner were parked for dinner at some burger joint, the guy would cruise by and cut some cookies right in front of them, then take off like a bat out of hel* up into the Hollywood hills.

Try as hard as they could, they never could catch the guy, but they sure had a blast tearing up into the hills after him.

The simulation leaves me scratching my head... A man charging you with a knife, who does not immediately respond to verbal commands, and officer snuffy is going to have the peace of mind to retrieve "the alternative" from wherever it's being stowed and correctly clip it on the muzzle of his weapon the first time? I'd imagine it as something akin to trying to put a rubber on in the dark when you're half drunk and 100% excitable; just getting that damned thing out of the little foil envelope takes the concentration of a scholar, but now you've got to fit it onto a very (in some cases, VERY) narrow protruberence... The whole thing just sounds like a exercise in maximum frustration! I'd rather just stick it in... Er, I mean... shoot the bastard that's trying to filet me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top