JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had an odd experience this weekend and was hoping someone might have some insight. I took my Glock 30 out to the range. After several successful shots, I pulled the trigger and it went "click" but did not fire. The trigger stayed in the back position. There was no break on the pull, just the click.

I was able to unchamber the round (I don't recall seeing a strike), then reloaded it in the magazine, rechambered the round and it shot fine. This happened to me three separate times during the course of shooting 40 rounds or so.

Any ideas what might cause this? More importantly, how can I prevent this from happening?

I appreciate any input.

Might be a weak striker spring or an ammo issue. I once had a G21 that simply did not like wolf ammo at all. I would get very light dimples in the primers on the Wolf. Most worked fine but 2-3 out of every mag needed an extra hit to go off.

I'm going to guess that your trigger spring is broken. It's the little
coil spring tha goes between the trigger bar and trigger housing.
I've got several if you need one.

OR

If you are getting a light hit on the round but no bang, it might be
trying to fire slightly out of battery. Glocks will do that. Check your
recoil spring, do the muzzle up Glock "test".

Thanks for the help. What is the "muzzle up Glock test"?

One version:

To check the recoil spring do the following:
1. Remove magazine
2. Clear the weapon
3. Pull the trigger and hold it back
4. While holding trigger back, tip up the gun so that the muzzle is pointing straight up
5. Keep holding the trigger back while you pull back the slide and ease it forward SLOWLY. When the gun is almost in battery release your grip on the slide and see if it will close by itself.

If the recoil spring is weak the slide will fail to lock closed while the muzzle is pointing up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top