JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally would put the oxygen cylinder back in there. Bollits do funny things when they impact each other! Even in a sand trap. But if you clean it out often you shouldn't have any worries..Looks great!!

I would avoid any steel core rifle rounds.

You should be good to go..... HOWEVER!!!!!!

HAve you considered Noise Control as a needed Concept, not know where your going to put that trap.... Is it out in the boonies a ways, or in your shop?????

I am just covering the bases here.... By my sign on name, you can tell I am a Country Man.... But recently, I heard Single shots of 12 gauge going off... Super Suspect... Then my neighbor and I were talking about the Darn Starlings...

" I been shooting them" I rest my case...

philip :confused:

I personally would put the oxygen cylinder back in there. Bollits do funny things when they impact each other! Even in a sand trap. But if you clean it out often you shouldn't have any worries..Looks great!!

I would avoid any steel core rifle rounds.
I have a bit bigger pressure cylinder. I'll see what else I can come up with as a liner before I fill it.

You should be good to go..... HOWEVER!!!!!!

HAve you considered Noise Control as a needed Concept, not know where your going to put that trap.... Is it out in the boonies a ways, or in your shop?????

I am just covering the bases here.... By my sign on name, you can tell I am a Country Man.... But recently, I heard Single shots of 12 gauge going off... Super Suspect... Then my neighbor and I were talking about the Darn Starlings...

" I been shooting them" I rest my case...

philip :confused:

It will be in my shop, which is in a heavy industrial area. If I was poppin off rounds on a Sunday afternoon you might hear it but during the work week I doubt anyone could tell it from the background noise. There is a plant right behind me that processes sawdust which uses a 200 HP motor attached to a blower to move product. While that thing is running I am not too worried

Ok, so I have a 9" diameter 3/8 thick 4140 alloy inner liner and I will fill the outer jacket with sand as well. That 4140 would not take a direct .308 but it will stop one at an angle and I feel certain that if one did make it through it would be broken up enough that the outer sand layer would get it stopped. I won't be firing anything bigger than a .308

Maybe later today I'll be able to do some testing

image.jpg

Shoot, you could totally market those. I'm thinking of trying it with two 5gal buckets from Lowe's. Was there any sand in or around your barrels or muzzle devices?

Nope, That chunk of square tube goes through the top plate and sticks into the can about 6". I figured that would help keep the sand from blasting the barrel.

Very good!
I've been hit by bullet fragments a few times test firing and my wife hangs the paperwork from the ER visit on the fridge.
Once from an older triangle type trap and then from a dirt pile that was actually a pile of rocks covered in dirt. :(
I need to get a forklift to move my big trap into my shop, and build the sand trap outside!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top