JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Hey, I'm up for that! I love a good camp out? How 'bout in the middle of the shooting lane?
Ehhh, no! But nearby would be nice. It's always easier to get out the night before than early the same morning. If someone is more familiar with the area and knows a good spot, I'd be game.

There is a campground by Barton. Which is close to the Wildcat road turn. That might be a good spot to get together for a camp out. Unless someone knows a cool place to camp closer in on Wildcat road/NF 36 areas. There are a few creeks running through those areas per the maps. Might be some decent camping areas? I'm not familiar with Hood as much as other forests, I'm hoping someone who does might chime in!

The header image is exactly why I haven't been up Wildcat in a very long time. I couldn't keep up and frankly disgusted with the place. I put in several years service only for things to get worse.

People have camped there several times. I've come across folks camping more than once. If the gate at the hiking trails is open, there's a couple other options for dispersed camping, and you might be able to squeeze everyone in at the end of the road. Like I say, it's dispersed, so bring your own everything.

Nearest designated campgrounds, while still going to be a haul, are Oxbow, Camp Creek, and Barton.

The header image is exactly why I haven't been up Wildcat in a very long time. I couldn't keep up and frankly disgusted with the place. I put in several years service only for things to get worse.

People have camped there several times. I've come across folks camping more than once. If the gate at the hiking trails is open, there's a couple other options for dispersed camping, and you might be able to squeeze everyone in at the end of the road. Like I say, it's dispersed, so bring your own everything.

Nearest designated campgrounds, while still going to be a haul, are Oxbow, Camp Creek, and Barton.
Thanks for the note. Yeah, I know about your dedication to that place and all the work and effort you put in. Don't think is wasn't appreciated because a lot of people saw what you did and were very impressed! It's just not the same as when Lars was here.

Since it's been so bad for so long, we thought we'd come give it a facelift and put it back to being a presentable place. That doesn't mean it won't happen again, but at least we can make it right for now.

Thanks for the come back! Hope to see you again!
Bill

I'm down to camp, Barton, or dispersed somewhere. @Cogs if you are let me know! I'm a certain go if camping out Friday night. So much easier making that trek the night before than driving all the way over their in the morning.

I'm down to camp, Barton, or dispersed somewhere. @Cogs if you are let me know! I'm a certain go if camping out Friday night. So much easier making that trek the night before than driving all the way over their in the morning.
Yep, I'm in! I'll try to check that Barton camp ground to see what's available.

BTW, @Reno , I met Sarah Ward today. She is now the store manager at Sportsman's in Vancouver (just moved from the Kelso store). She had asked me to help do an employee cleanup, so we organized one and did it today in the Yacolt Burn. She's got some energy! I like how she motivates her employees and how they appreciate her.

We had 18 people show up, half were Sportsman's W Employees. Got two large areas cleaned up (lots of trash at each!). I cooked up a nice cheese burger lunch and they gave away a few Sportsman's prizes. It was a good time!

After we loaded up and left, a couple folks and I when shooting. Some awesome guns! We also taught their kids to shoot for the first time!

It was a good day!

I haven't been able to post about it yet, however, Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver, posted lots of pic on their Facebook page and I shared that to the TNL page. I may be able to post up a Blog tomorrow.

But I really enjoyed meeting Sarah. She asked about you and was pleasantly surprised when she heard you had helped to start the Trash No Land organization.

Bill

BTW, @Reno , I met Sarah Ward today. She is now the store manager at Sportsman's in Vancouver (just moved from the Kelso store). She had asked me to help do an employee cleanup, so we organized one and did it today in the Yacolt Burn. She's got some energy! I like how she motivates her employees and how they appreciate her.

We had 18 people show up, half were Sportsman's W Employees. Got two large areas cleaned up (lots of trash at each!). I cooked up a nice cheese burger lunch and they gave away a few Sportsman's prizes. It was a good time!

After we loaded up and left, a couple folks and I when shooting. Some awesome guns! We also taught their kids to shoot for the first time!

It was a good day!

I haven't been able to post about it yet, however, Sportsman's Warehouse, Vancouver, posted lots of pic on their Facebook page and I shared that to the TNL page. I may be able to post up a Blog tomorrow.

But I really enjoyed meeting Sarah. She asked about you and was pleasantly surprised when she heard you had helped to start the Trash No Land organization.

Bill
Sarah is the best. Kind of hoped she would come back and run the Hillsboro store.

The Barton campground has a group tent site. Whatever that entails, might be good for a bunch of us. Looks like it is first come first serve too. I'm not sure about that side, but over here Friday's are usually pretty dead at most 1st come 1st serve campgrounds.

@Cogs let me know where you decide to camp and I'll meet you there!

It may be risky to get the group site as 1st Come, 1st Serve. So, I'm not so sure we should try it there. I'd rather find a dispersed spot near the site if we can.

Barton Park Group Camp

Barton Park Campground includes a group, tents-only camp for up to 25 people and 6 vehicles. Additional vehicles pay a fee each day. A maximum of 2 pets is allowed. The campsite is a large grass and wooded area. A large firepit and 3 picnic tables are provided. Water is available nearby. Campers use the restrooms and showers in nearby Barton East Campground.
Fees: $75 per night

Reservations are available from 3 days up to a year in advance of arrival date for campsite use from May 1 through September 30. From October through early November Barton Park West in closed, and in Barton Park East campsites are first-come, first-served.

Barton Camp Site Layout.jpg

Directions from Barton Camp to Wildcat.jpg

It may be risky to get the group site as 1st Come, 1st Serve. So, I'm not so sure we should try it there. I'd rather find a dispersed spot near the site if we can.

Barton Park Group Camp

Barton Park Campground includes a group, tents-only camp for up to 25 people and 6 vehicles. Additional vehicles pay a fee each day. A maximum of 2 pets is allowed. The campsite is a large grass and wooded area. A large firepit and 3 picnic tables are provided. Water is available nearby. Campers use the restrooms and showers in nearby Barton East Campground.
Fees: $75 per night

Reservations are available from 3 days up to a year in advance of arrival date for campsite use from May 1 through September 30. From October through early November Barton Park West in closed, and in Barton Park East campsites are first-come, first-served.

View attachment 905071

View attachment 905072
Well, so much for that one!...

Barton Group Camp Site Not Available 6-26.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class