JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Adding some pictures from today. Great to meet everyone. The dump didnt weigh us so no total on weight. Just a flat fee. My guess was a little over 2000 pounds with the way my arms felt after unloading and the way it was tugging on the truck.
Thank you
Craig and Tracy
IMG_38621.jpg IMG_38601.jpg IMG_38581.jpg IMG_38561.jpg IMG_38521.jpg IMG_38511.jpg IMG_38661.jpg IMG_38631.jpg

Adding some pictures from today. Great to meet everyone. The dump didnt weigh us so no total on weight. Just a flat fee. My guess was a little over 2000 pounds with the way my arms felt after unloading and the way it was tugging on the truck.
Thank you
Craig and Tracy
View attachment 854257View attachment 854256View attachment 854255View attachment 854254View attachment 854253View attachment 854252View attachment 854259View attachment 854258
Wow that is a lot of junk. Thanks to all who showed up and or donated.

Great write up. Too bad these kind of articles don't make the local paper.
Yeah I know. Quite often, however, other groups share it on social media. Like RMEF chapters and OHA chapters on FB. Once in a while, a State of Fed FB page will share it (all depends on if I put too many pictures of guns on it! :D ) I doubt if any State of Fed FB pages will share this one, not only for the gun pics, but it's a group of 'maskless' gun people playing with assault weapons on public lands! OMG!

solid work bros, I feel like everyone should volunteer once a year if they shoot out that way... if we had a regular monthly clean-up it'd probably stay decent.

Did I hear a volunteer, kbf? :D

Actually, @Cosimel is looking at organizing a monthly gig at the lanes. If he can get even just a small handful of people it wouldn't take much each month to keep it in good shape.

I will make sure to do a clean up every 12 months so long as I'm going out there...

Well, this is kind of embarrassing, I love seeing all the support and interest for the lanes in this thread, too bad I had no idea it even existed until just now when @Cogs tagged me in his latest post. Apparently Northwest Firearms didn't send me any emails or pushed any notifications. I kept hearing about all these developments, and was frustrated that it was the first I was hearing of them. :( Clearly having all these threads on the same subject isn't working well, not for me at least.

So yes, I will be organizing monthly clean-ups, the next will have to be later in May when I return from a long overdue road trip. I'll post notice only on the 'N. Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes' but that will only to announce the clean-up post on the Trash No Land blog for the Tillamook State Forest which was designed to function as the clearing house for these efforts.

Ok, now that I got that bit of frustration off my chest, great job everyone who participated and/or donated. We've got a great group of stewards for our beloved lanes !!!!!

Well, this is kind of embarrassing, I love seeing all the support and interest for the lanes in this thread, too bad I had no idea it even existed until just now when @Cogs tagged me in his latest post. Apparently Northwest Firearms didn't send me any emails or pushed any notifications. I kept hearing about all these developments, and was frustrated that it was the first I was hearing of them. :( Clearly having all these threads on the same subject isn't working well, not for me at least.

So yes, I will be organizing monthly clean-ups, the next will have to be later in May when I return from a long overdue road trip. I'll post notice only on the 'N. Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes' but that will only to announce the clean-up post on the Trash No Land blog for the Tillamook State Forest which was designed to function as the clearing house for these efforts.

Ok, now that I got that bit of frustration off my chest, great job everyone who participated and/or donated. We've got a great group of stewards for our beloved lanes !!!!!
I've noticed also, that the 158 page Wolf Creek thread does not show up in the right sidebar for new posts. It also doesn't show up in the Outdoor section for the latest post. To find this thread, you have to go to either the 'Resources' tab and then 'Resources by State', and then 'Oregon Resources' and then 'Oregon' and then scroll down till you find 'North Fork Wolf Creek Rd...'

The only other way I've found to get to the Wolf Creek thread, is to go to the 'Outdoor' section, and select 'Oregon', then click on North Fork Wolf Creek, but they you have to click again on 'Discussion' to get to the main thread. Still, new activity does not show up in the Forum sidebar under New Posts. Therefore, no one sees any activity going on in that thread unless they have previously posted and would get an email to alert you. I wonder why?

The Events is a separate section, and new posts are not posted in the sidebar, just a link to the upcoming event. Perhaps I should have turned off comments in the Events page, (if you can do that), and provided a link to the Wolf Creek thread for discussions. Didn't think of that till now.

I may want to ask Joe Link why this is and why the main Wolf Creek thread is under 'Resources' and not just pinned to the 'Outdoor' section. I just haven't figured out a good way to describe it to him yet.

I've noticed also, that the 158 page Wolf Creek thread does not show up in the right sidebar for new posts. It also doesn't show up in the Outdoor section for the latest post. To find this thread, you have to go to either the 'Resources' tab and then 'Resources by State', and then 'Oregon Resources' and then 'Oregon' and then scroll down till you find 'North Fork Wolf Creek Rd...'

The only other way I've found to get to the Wolf Creek thread, is to go to the 'Outdoor' section, and select 'Oregon', then click on North Fork Wolf Creek, but they you have to click again on 'Discussion' to get to the main thread. Still, new activity does not show up in the Forum sidebar under New Posts. Therefore, no one sees any activity going on in that thread unless they have previously posted and would get an email to alert you. I wonder why?

The Events is a separate section, and new posts are not posted in the sidebar, just a link to the upcoming event. Perhaps I should have turned off comments in the Events page, (if you can do that), and provided a link to the Wolf Creek thread for discussions. Didn't think of that till now.

I may want to ask Joe Link why this is and why the main Wolf Creek thread is under 'Resources' and not just pinned to the 'Outdoor' section. I just haven't figured out a good way to describe it to him yet.
Yeah definitely ping @Joe Link

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top