JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Let's Do This!

• Total voters
Reactions
Cleanup Jones Creek Area, Yacolt Burn State Forest, WA.

4-7-18 Web Cover.jpg

Rescheduled to: Sat 4-14-18, 9 AM - 1 PM (Same place, Same time, Same good deeds! Just a different date!) edited 4-5-18

Meeting Place: At Jones Creek Trail Head parking lot on the L-1610 road.

Google Maps: Google Maps

GPS: 45.666957, -122.310795

Please join us as we invest a few short hours improving the quality of recreation in the Burn. With your help, we will be cleaning up several places along the L-1610 road. This road is one of the most popular entrances to the Yacolt Burn State Forest. First impressions of a clean pristine forest are important to all who visit.

Bring lunch, gloves, boots, rake, pickup tool, magnet tool, bucket and a stewards heart!

WA DNR will provided: trash bags & disposal!

This event qualifies for hours credited toward your free annual Discover Pass, from WA DNR. Earn 24 hours of volunteer time with DNR and receive a free annual Discover Pass. Pass requirement is waived for the day of this event only.

Cleanup is sponsored by Trash No Land and the Washington Dept of Natural Resources.

4-7-18 Before 1.jpg

4-7-18 Before 2.jpg

4-7-18 Before 3.jpg

4-7-18 Before 4.jpg

4-7-18 Before 5.jpg
We'll be meeting at this spot at 9 AM.
4-7-18 Before 6.jpg
From the Jones Creek Trail Head parking lot to the meeting place 2 miles up the road, we'll be scouring the roadways, pullouts and shooting areas to spiff up the entrance into the forest.

Web info: Cleanup Jones Creek Area

Hope to see you there! Without the snow!

Bill

Last Edited:
It's really not too awfully bad. Mostly at the shooting sites. If we can send a 4 member crew down the road with a pickup, they'll be able to spiff up the roadside stuff fairly easily. Each shooting site is not too bad either, however, it really looks bad on us when it's so visible from the roadway. We'll need a couple more pickups to haul bags to a drop point (might be at the corrections facility but we'll nail that down before the event).

Lots of interest showing from the 4x4 & motorcycle community! We should have some help!

Found this on Saturday. Looks like they spun off the road, got stuck, tried to pull it out with a cable but it didn't work. So they left it and sure enough, the windows get busted out and the car got ransacked. I notified Officer Essman.

Lower L1000 just inside Yacolt Burn boarder line.

Looks like they tried but gave up pretty easily I think.

The snow on the lower part, around Jones Creek area, was very minimal and nothing on the road till you get past the meeting place, however, going up the L1000 from Livingston road was real thick and sticky stuff. Only 1 set of tracks all the way up the road and when you meet someone coming down, you could easily get stuck trying to make room. I made it up to the 4 corners, at the L1500, and turned around. No way was I going up any more! A few Jeeps did but I wasn't about to try it in my Colorado 4x4 (can't afford the towing or the damage!).

In it to win it. I will have bed space in the Taco for junk, But would really appreciate it if I could borrow someone magnet or brass pickup tool if needed. I have gloves, shovels, tools, winches and tow straps for bigger stuff.

In it to win it. I will have bed space in the Taco for junk, But would really appreciate it if I could borrow someone magnet or brass pickup tool if needed. I have gloves, shovels, tools, winches and tow straps for bigger stuff.
Awesome, Taco! Appreciate your help

Well dang. That looks like fun! And a good spot I ain't seen before on top of that. Must not have been Larch?

I just ordered the 1k, on top of the 30 assorted lbs of ammo I got on Thursday! :)

A prime membership with TSUSA is dangerous.

Well dang. That looks like fun! And a good spot I ain't seen before on top of that. Must not have been Larch?

I just ordered the 1k, on top of the 30 assorted lbs of ammo I got on Thursday! :)

A prime membership with TSUSA is dangerous.
No, those pics are not on Larch (they are in Tillamook Forest). A couple of the places we'll clean up are good for shooting, and a couple are not. I'm sure you know that area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top