JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you help support public land shooting!

• Total voters
This cleanup event has a new twist... A SILENT AUCTION on some pretty cool stuff!

Throughout this cleanup event, Aug 25th, you may bid on an item you'd like to have and update your bid when ever you like. At lunch time, we'll close the bidding and award the prize. Your donation benefits the cause for the betterment of public land recreational shooting sports.

Here is a great knife from CRKT (Columbia River Knife & Tool). A Carson M16-13Z. For years, Kit Carson's M16® designs have been their most popular series. And their Z version has built the largest user base of all. These knives are built for function, not fad. And they are exceptional values. Retail value $69.99, opening bid @$35.

CRKT Carson 1.jpg
  • Automated Liner Safety
  • Triple Point™ Serrations
  • Glass-Reinforced Nylon Handles

Thank you CRKT, for supporting public land shooting sports!

I'm digging all the goods @Cogs

Looks like we will have some goods to give away as well as a few neat items to auction off!

On another note, I have been curious if there is any thoughts on camping out there-ish. Not like last time, in the middle of the pit, but perhaps somewhere else?

I'm not overly familiar with the area, minus driving around with ODF a handful of times. So if anyone knows of a quiet place away from the tactical toms of Browns Camp please let us know!

I'm digging all the goods @Cogs

Looks like we will have some goods to give away as well as a few neat items to auction off!

On another note, I have been curious if there is any thoughts on camping out there-ish. Not like last time, in the middle of the pit, but perhaps somewhere else?

I'm not overly familiar with the area, minus driving around with ODF a handful of times. So if anyone knows of a quiet place away from the tactical toms of Browns Camp please let us know!

Just a couple of miles or so, West, down Beaverdam Rd there's a couple of places on the left and right that are next to the road with enough room to pitch a couple of tents. There used to be people there during elk/dear season with some nice camps when we were out there mushroom hunting in November. There's also a place where beaverdam rd and Scoggins creek rd intersect. Toward Browns' Camp to the East of the pit.

And by the way, count me in being there now. :D

My best thoughts are to meet at the pit by a certain time, then head out to a location to camp for the evening.

That or someone puts up a map to the location best to camp?

My best thoughts are to meet at the pit by a certain time, then head out to a location to camp for the evening.

That or someone puts up a map to the location best to camp?

I tried to put a map up of the spots. The 2-3 spots West you can't really see on the map/google earth. And the other one at the intersection of SC rd an BD road doesn't really show either.

I got Friday off! Asked for another vacation day and got it, so, I'll be there to camp Fri night. It'll take me all day to run around collecting the final prize goodies, grocery shopping, load the truck and hurry up to go sit in traffic to get from Washougal to past Hillsboro. Not looking forward to all that, but, really looking forward to the camp out!

Speaking of grocery shopping... What are we having for lunch? I'm bringing the hot dogs, buns & fixin's, I think @Mikej mentioned he'd bring something, but haven't heard of anyone else planning to bring anything yet. We need water & drinks, some kind of a salad, perhaps some snacks, donuts and/or bagels would be nice to start the morning, coffee would be nice too. I'm going to shop for 50 people. If we don't eat that many dogs, someone takes some home!

ODF is going to post a sign about no shooting at the pit all day. I have another sign we'll post that says closed for cleanup today. We'll be able to shoot after the cleanup ends (around 12 or 1).

We're going to try to get the boulders moved so we can drive into the pit for loading up trash. Some may not want to drive in because of potential for flat tires. Last year we drove in and had no trouble. Enter at your own risk! It would be a good idea to have a wheel barrow and/or wagon to help haul bags up to the parking area. I won't have any room in my little truck for either of those.

Weather looks like a perfect Saturday! (So far anyway!).

This is important for us to be involved in helping to keep our shooting places cleaned up. ODF needs to see the shooting community step up and claim ownership in our places to shoot. A simple cleanup like this speaks volumes to the local and Salem offices. We get their attention, show we care and begin to have a voice about recreational shooting. Thanks everyone!!!

Bill

I got Friday off! Asked for another vacation day and got it, so, I'll be there to camp Fri night. It'll take me all day to run around collecting the final prize goodies, grocery shopping, load the truck and hurry up to go sit in traffic to get from Washougal to past Hillsboro. Not looking forward to all that, but, really looking forward to the camp out!

Speaking of grocery shopping... What are we having for lunch? I'm bringing the hot dogs, buns & fixin's, I think @Mikej mentioned he'd bring something, but haven't heard of anyone else planning to bring anything yet. We need water & drinks, some kind of a salad, perhaps some snacks, donuts and/or bagels would be nice to start the morning, coffee would be nice too. I'm going to shop for 50 people. If we don't eat that many dogs, someone takes some home!

ODF is going to post a sign about no shooting at the pit all day. I have another sign we'll post that says closed for cleanup today. We'll be able to shoot after the cleanup ends (around 12 or 1).

We're going to try to get the boulders moved so we can drive into the pit for loading up trash. Some may not want to drive in because of potential for flat tires. Last year we drove in and had no trouble. Enter at your own risk! It would be a good idea to have a wheel barrow and/or wagon to help haul bags up to the parking area. I won't have any room in my little truck for either of those.

This is important for us to be involved in helping to keep our shooting places cleaned up. ODF needs to see the shooting community step up and claim ownership in our places to shoot. A simple cleanup like this speaks volumes to the local and Salem offices. We get their attention, show we care and begin to have a voice about recreational shooting. Thanks everyone!!!

Bill
Bill, let me know if I can lighten your errand load. I have off Thursday and would be happy to help...just shoot me a PM

We'll be bringing some sort of cold salad as a side dish.

Bill
I won't be able to make it, but I have a large collapsible wheelbarrow anyone is welcome to swing by and collect if it helps.

How many are expected to be there @Cogs?
Don't really know, however, when we have this many cool prizes, we usually have close to 40 people, so, I'm shopping for 50. If we run short, well, it'll be Elk season!?!

Bill, let me know if I can lighten your errand load. I have off Thursday and would be happy to help...just shoot me a PM

Yes you can. Pick up the HatPoint Target stand? He's in Oregon City. I'll PM you with the address, phone and John's name. Thanks!

Sure can! I'll just photo shop Donald's face over yours! I'll need to remember what you look like! Just remind me when we're there.

LOL will do. I just prefer to remain as anonymous as possible on the interwebs.

The few times I have posted me shooting on NWFA I'm careful with the angles so that what you see could be pretty much anybody. :)

The few times I have posted me shooting on NWFA I'm careful with the angles so that what you see could be pretty much anybody. :)
I try to do the same with other people (but doesn't always work). Or far enough away that you can't tell who they are. As for me, well, it's too late. They got my number! I'm doomed!

I've got a really nice wheelbarrow but no longer a truck, I'm right off 26 if somebody wants to pick it up on their way out.

I'm free to camp too. Always like that part just let me know where and I'll be there.

Should I bring my campstove cooktop?

I've got a really nice wheelbarrow but no longer a truck, I'm right off 26 if somebody wants to pick it up on their way out.

I'm free to camp too. Always like that part just let me know where and I'll be there.

Should I bring my campstove cooktop?
How do you want to do the dogs? Boil or BBQ? Either way, I think we should have the cooktop. I can bring my little grill, just in case someone brings a steak or fresh Salmon!

Hey,..... If the Salmon are running through the back yard by Friday morning, I'll do my best to nail one! I'm ready for them!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top