JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a good one piece cleaning rod long enough to clean a 6 7/8" mark II .22 from the chamber end. It would need to be about 10" long. I would prefer a carbon fiber one, I've been using my rifle length rod but it's a bit unwieldy. Thanks

I use an old Hopps aluminum rod on my pistols. It was a three piece rod that I quite using in my rifles, however the first section with the handle works ideal for pistol barrels.

I own Tipton rods and agree with DieselScout. Very good rods. (I would avoid the 17-20 caliber rod though as it flexes too much and I'm always worried it will break while using it - certainly not an issue with a pistol of course.)

Not a fan of pull through devices other than for a quick field cleaning. You have to pull it through so many times to get a barrel really clean, and I consider it a hassle. A rod is far more efficient. If you think one pass will get a barrel clean, try it, and then see how much crud you can get out afterwards with a real cleaning with a rod, patches and a brush.

A high quality stainless rod is best. It will not pick up grit to harm your bore.
Abrasives can embed into softer and coated rods. In time it is like running a file down the bore.

A high quality stainless rod is best. It will not pick up grit to harm your bore.
Abrasives can embed into softer and coated rods. In time it is like running a file down the bore.

The carbon don't embed either and I am very happy with mine as is the friend who recommended them. He was however unhappy with there 17-20 caliber rod as it had too much flex. I realized after my initial post stainless was his solution and will be mine for my 17.

I like the Pro Shot 12" stainless .22 cal cleaning rod for this application. I can even clean the 10" MK II with this rod, in addition to those with the shorter barrels.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top