JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently came into a windfall of GI issue, pre-ban AR15 magazines. A bunch of 20 and 30 round Colt, Okay, Simmonds/Universal Ind. and Adventureline branded mags. Some have the LE/Military inscription on the side.

So I started disassembling and cleaning them in a bath of diluted Simple Green solution and came to realize what a time consuming project I had begun. They're all the aluminum/alloy mags. All the parts are in great shape and cleaning up very nicely. As I begin the process of reassembling them I find myself wanting to refinish the exterior of the weathered looking aluminum magazine housing.

I've discovered most people are using one or both of the following two products to finish the mag housings but I cannot for the life of me find any of these products locally. Anyone know where to purchase either of these two products locally?

CRC Dry Moly Lube Dry Moly Lube, 11 Wt Oz
or
Everlube Perma Slik G Perma-Slik G

Also, I'm not wanting to paint these mags but if you know of a product that is similar to the two listed above, please do tell.

I'll try and post some "before" and "after" pics on the next batch that I clean/refurbish.

Thanks for giving me something to think about. I'm going to follow this.

I use CRC brake cleaner and I buy it for cheap at Wallyworld. I wonder if walmart.com might have it...

All I've ever used are USGI/STANAG mags, I've sprayed a light coat of flat black Krylon spray paint on them which has held up well for over 20 years.

0DA50209-360E-4C58-969C-0E6EEA6093AB.jpeg

Thanks for giving me something to think about. I'm going to follow this.

I use CRC brake cleaner and I buy it for cheap at Wallyworld. I wonder if walmart.com might have it...

My googlefoo turned up Wallyworld for the CRC Dry Moly Lube on-line but when I went to the brick and mortar sites local to me I was disappointed to find that they did NOT carry that particular CRC product on their shelves. I did order a can of it off Amazon but it wont be here until next Wednesday. My local NAPA auto parts on-line search told me they had it in stock but when I went to pick it up the gentleman behind the counter said they would have to get it from their store in Kent and would have it for me on Monday. They have proven themselves to be fairly elusive products, at least at a local level anyways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top