JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the best, low cost, way to clean my S&W M&P? Remember the M&P is not all metal. And the best oil too. Can spray? Baths? Oil that can bind with the metals? CLP's which one? Strike hold or Breakfree?

Last Edited:
I use mpro7 I used it while in iraq on my m4. I never had any problems with the function of my weapon and as for lube i would use a tetra products. I still use both on all my personal weapons. as for strike hold people when i was in iraq used it and they had problems with coating and kind of baking their weapons and alot of major malfunctions like the bolts would seize up

I clean all my guns in the utility sink with a pair of neoprene rubber gloves, hot water, old toothbrushes and plastic bore brushes using hand dish washing detergent.. then clean the bores with normal solvents and oil the gun with synthetic motor oil or sometimes, CLP

I use teflon type drying lube inside the mag bodies and wipe the springs down with synthetic motor oil

The hot water dries very fast but you may want to use a compressor or your Superman breath to blow out the recesses, and an old cotton rag to dry the parts off. This method is especially useful for corrosive ammo shooters

since ATF (transexual fluid) eats nylon and pretty much anything else that isn't steel, i pretty much recoil any time anyone suggests somebody use it on their guns.

could be i'm just sensitive since i often find myself hanging dozens to hundreds of feet above a splatter by nothing more than a thin piece of nylon... but i'd also rather not have holes eaten through my holsters, pants, belts, jackets, seatbelts, seat covers, etc.

I clean all my guns in the utility sink with a pair of neoprene rubber gloves, hot water, old toothbrushes and plastic bore brushes using hand dish washing detergent.. then clean the bores with normal solvents and oil the gun with synthetic motor oil or sometimes, CLP

I use teflon type drying lube inside the mag bodies and wipe the springs down with synthetic motor oil

The hot water dries very fast but you may want to use a compressor or your Superman breath to blow out the recesses, and an old cotton rag to dry the parts off. This method is especially useful for corrosive ammo shooters

YouTube - Stop! Or MY Mom Will Shoot Part 2

ive been on a sentry solutions kick for a while .... Sentry Solutions | On guard against corrosion, friction and wear

used their smooth kote, and bp 2000, and their tough cloth.

i grew up on cleaning powder residue and stuff out with Hopps #9 , then if ya wanted to really remove some copper fowling use some sweets 7.62 (as directed), then i use the smoothkote, and tough cloth for lube and protect. ....

CLP . does most of these pretty well... and if i had only one of these products it would be that one. but i do think hopps is a better powder remover, sweetes does a bang up job on copper fowling, which hopps dosent quite get so easy, i like the easy application with the tough cloth,

i like the boresnakes for my pistols, easy and quick way to clean.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top