JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive been fightin a copper fouled 7mm mag barrel for a month now got it at pawn shop will not group with two different scopes on it free floated the barrel adjusted the trigger and soaked the barrel must have run a hundred patches thru it all came out green gonna go for round two this weekend and hope it shoots after that
Clean a fouled bore:
Use Hoppes #9, once a week, every week.
Start with a wet patch, one minute, max.
Brush with a wet brass brush, one minute, max.
Finish with a soaking wet patch, one minute, max.
Place a folded dry rag on the floor of the closet, gun safe.
Muzzle down, on the rag, till next week.

Do this next week and every week thereafter, till the first wet patch down the bore isn't scummy green or grey.
Time is essential for Hoppes to do it's chemical work.

All my guns get stored wet.
When clean, muzzle up - dry patch in the chamber, when in-process, muzzle down - on the rag.
Regards
Rick

Another thread about gun cleaning...All you can do is offer your opinion, shooters will do their own thing. Can't say there is any extreme importance for keeping your guns clean, but mine have never sat dirty overnight after coming back from the range. Just one of my obsessions I guess. Rarely clean my car, but my guns are always spotless.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top