JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oct 3rd, 2015, arrive at 8:30 am.

I just got this in by email from Martie Schramm, District Ranger Snoqualmie Ranger District, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF. Please post here to let us know if you can make it. Also, contact Martie for further details (phone # below). Thank you! Cogs.

Folks,

You all expressed a desire to be kept informed on outcomes from the August meeting we had regarding recreational shooting. A small group of folks met on September 19 and we established a clean-up date for this Saturday meeting at the base of the 7013 road. Please join us if you can…..if you have yet to hear about this event, we will meeting at 0830, starting to clean-up the area on the 7013 road and depending on how many people show up, will clean up the 70 pits. Directions below:

Site #1 (7013 shooting area)

· From the FS office in Enumclaw head East on State Highway 410 for approx. 19 miles or until you reach the junction with Forest Service Road (FSR) #70 (road sign posted near shoulder). Turn left onto FSR70 (paved surface) and travel approx. 2.5 miles to the road junction of FSR70 & FSR 7013. Turn right onto FSR 7013 (gravel road surface) and proceed to the first opening (less than .25 miles) which will be one of your cleanup sites.

Site #2 (Rd 70 Pit)

· From the FS office in Enumclaw head East on State Highway 410 for approx. 19 miles or until you reach the junction with Forest Service Road (FSR) #70 (road sign posted near shoulder). Turn left onto FSR70 (paved surface) and travel approx. 4.5 miles (approx. 2 miles beyond the FSR 70/7013 junction) or until you reach the road junction of FSR 70 & FSR 72 (FS CXT toilet present in close vicinity). Turn right onto FSR 72 (paved road surface) and proceed to the first large rock pit opening on your right (less than 1.2 miles) which will be the second of your cleanup sites and location of a dumpster for disposal of collected trach.

The notes from our meeting on the 19th are attached. Thank you for your interest in this issue and I hope you can join us on Saturday!

Martie Schramm

District Ranger
Snoqualmie Ranger District
Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF
(425) 888-8751

Here is the notes of the most recent meeting, held Sept 19th....

September 19 Meeting Notes

Six people attended a meeting to discuss a path forward on how to address recreational shooting issues in the 410 corridor. Those who attended are:

· Brian Hatcher
· Wendy Scholl
· Joe Laughlin
· Arnold Hong
· Bryan Grimm
· Kevin Bannon

The following was agreed to:

The Forest Service will host a clean-up day on Saturday October 3. Meet at 0830 at the 7013pit.

· NRA, WAguns, Seattle Guns and Microsoft will notify others via web and blogs
· A field trip to problem areas will occur that afternoon
· FS will notify media of the event

NRA and FS will contact NRA Technical assistance team to come out and evaluate shooting areas

FS will work with Northwest Firearms to see if they can set up informational station on weekends

FS will look into getting a booth/table at gun shows to pass out information on where to shoot

FS will develop a good map of where the pits are and include CFRs along with fines for illegal shooting

FS will provide dumpster on various weekends that will be available for folks to use that may clean-up sites on their own.

FS will look at/consider improving some of our wording on signage we post.

I don't think there is much chance of me making it as I just got back from 5 days off to see my youngest tie the knot. I see if anything opens up in the coming week though.

Thanks for being there, Truenorth. Glad you could help. It does make a difference that you participated and we appreciate that.

Did you happen to get any photographs?

Cogs

Thanks for being there, Truenorth. Glad you could help. It does make a difference that you participated and we appreciate that.

Did you happen to get any photographs?

Cogs
Hi Cogs, and Truenorth:
I just registered here, as I'm (slightly) more active on WaGuns at the moment, but I was at the event today, and there are some pictures at this thread (sorry, if cross-posting to another forum is a no-no): http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=59912&start=45

Hi Cogs, and Truenorth:
I just registered here, as I'm (slightly) more active on WaGuns at the moment, but I was at the event today, and there are some pictures at this thread (sorry, if cross-posting to another forum is a no-no): http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=59912&start=45

Quite alright and acceptable, fajitamondays. The goal is that gun owners step up and help each other to make a difference. These web organizations play a key part in bringing us together so we can learn more about what's going on and how we can help.

Thanks for being there! And thanks for the link!

Bill

This was about 1/2 way though the morning. Bin was overflowing by noon.
DSCF3396.JPG
Pit looking much better.
DSCF3407.JPG
This was very disappointing to find in the shooting pit... Shame on whoever did this!
Not cool, not cool at all.
DSCF3398.JPG
DSCF3400.JPG
DSCF3404.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show