JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remove a bag every time I drive by there whether I shoot or not..i can tell you it's absolutely terrible most of the time.
Last time I was there someone had brought a table and a bunch of motorcycle helmets to shoot at.
It just amazes me that it cannot be patrolled better since it's no more than 50 feet from the main highway.
I might start bringing my utility trailer with me anytime i go to the forest to go dirt biking or hiking so i can clean it up. Like I said before,it's the closest spot to me and I don't want to lose it.
Either that or sit there all day telling people to gtfo!

Mike you summed it up perfectly with these two words. Again these jackwagons will be the first to throw a stompie foot when their shooting sites get shut down. You can educate the ignorant, but you waste your breath on dumba--es. I wont know till the end of that week whether I can make it there or not.

Don't forget guys, we aren't just cleaning the typical shooting spot.

We are changing the narrative.

Our narrative!

The forest agencies would rather have the yahoos shoot here and have public clean ups held to keep them clean. In the process, educate a handful that aren't part of the group of responsible shooter.

Take for instance how many folks I personally have talked to, @Cogs has talked to. Handed a brochure to.

Don't think with the mentality that they want to shut down our recreational uses, instead, think of how they are working with us to better the recreation.

Don't forget guys, we aren't just cleaning the typical shooting spot.

We are changing the narrative.

Our narrative!

The forest agencies would rather have the yahoos shoot here and have public clean ups held to keep them clean. In the process, educate a handful that aren't part of the group of responsible shooter.

Take for instance how many folks I personally have talked to, @Cogs has talked to. Handed a brochure to.

Don't think with the mentality that they want to shut down our recreational uses, instead, think of how they are working with us to better the recreation.
Like you and I talked at the last cleanup, the more folks get educated the more they will help self-police these sites and educate others. Wolf creek is a good example. This time last year it looked like this one. With the aid and commitment from the FS, members and others the last cleanup was a piece of cake. On a different note Cogs did you recover all your signs after the last Tillamook cleanup? I know you found one of them ran over and kind of mangled.

Yes, got five back plus one damaged. I think it was those guys who were mad because they wanted that place for their big group shoot. They could have stayed and used it later but left with a sour attitude.

Oh well, it was only scrap wood and free materials. I can reuse the words and arrow. No biggie.

We have the 'OKAY' to remove the blackberry bush on the corner. The concern is when you are entering the pit, in the summertime, this bush is really big and thick. It blocks your view and you can't see if any shooters are perched above it and are shooting over your head. I think removal will provide a little more safety and I think we should take it out during this cleanup.

(The removal of the downed logs is pending a decision. Will post if it's okay to take them out).

Any ideas how to do this easy? Could we simply throw a rope around and pull it out with a truck? Or do we need to cut stem by stem? Weed whacker? Let us know if you can bring the right tools!

OT1.jpg

OT5.jpg

Best time to kill black berry bushes is in the fall. About September or early October you want to spray them with crossbow. The roots suck up the poison and kill them. If you do it in the spring they will grow back so if you want them out you will have to do your best to dig up the roots. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top