JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Just wanted to start a thread in regards to a clean up TNL is hosting at the Brown's camp area for Earth Day April 22nd at 9am.

Trash No Land is grouping up with Solve as well as Oregon department of forestry for a day in the woods cleaning up shooting sites throughout the Brown's Camp area.

This is a bring your own lunch type clean up and should roughly last one to two hours, possibly longer.

Meet up location is the sand shed at the entrance of Brown's Camp area.

Google Maps

Parking permitted for day of event only in sand shed site. Carpooling encouraged and most volunteers will drive their own vehicles to the individual clean-up sites.

You will need to bring: Shovels, rakes, work boots, work gloves, wheelbarrows, pick-up trucks or trailers that are OK to haul garbage. Dress for the weather!

More information available here.
Trash No Land Events

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Reno911

Thanks for posting about this, Reno! Yes, we're joining SOLVE and ODF for this event. Time to show some non-shooters that gun owners also respect the land and the privileges we all share. We are also identifying the fact that we are a viable recreational activity on public land and we'll put our boots on the ground to help save our kind of recreation. We are the RTS! (Recreational Target Shooters).

Our original plan was to cleanup the Beaver Dam Rock Quarry (aka; Brown's Camp shooting pit). They closed that pit today, April 14th, for a gravel operation and will reopen later. We're working with them to have it open for us on the 22nd but haven't heard a final determination yet. No biggie. We have a plan B! Several other shooting sites near by need our attention.

Plan on a good shoot out! We'll be done early enough to do plenty of fun group shooting. So bring the fam and share a great afternoon!

We've started a sign-in event on Facebook and invite you to register there...
Earth Day at Tillamook State Forest

If you don't do FB, send me an email to let me know if you're coming...
[email protected]

Thanks all!!! Shoot safe and have fun!

Bill

Thanks for the replies by email! However, if you don't include your NWFA name I can't tell where you heard if from! I know Mike, but a couple others didn't include their user name.

Next weekend looks like great weather! Looking forward to a good cleanup and a lot of shooting! See you there!

We should have around 15+ attending (ya never know could be more, could be less). Not sure how many others will be there because of the SOLVE promotions. I'm sure they will want to clean up around the camp and trail areas but some may join our crew.

I haven't heard if they'll open the pit for us on Sat. If not, there are other places near by. I'll post as soon as I hear.

YES! We have the pit! Operations at the Beaver Dam Rock Quarry are stopped for the cleanup tomorrow. ODF & Law Enforcement will be there in the morning to help kick off the cleanup (might even have someone from SOLVE).

It's on baby! :s0035:

i really like these clean-ups. Getting a chance to meet members and making the places look better. I'm not able to do what I could a few years ago, so having a bunch of folks putting in what effort they can is great!

Well its another site cleanup in the books. The weather wasn't too bad except for the last half hour or so. I believe the tally was 6 LOADED pickup loads of trash hauled down to the dumpsters. A big thank you to Mike and his wife for the sandwiches. Also thanks for the great fishing conversation Mike as we were cleaning.

And here's the story...

There's no better "Pit Crew" than this crew right here! They came out in the rain to face a huge pit with a huge amount of trash. Against the odds of poor weather and a tremendous sized pit full of trash, they dug right in and got the job done. On Earth Day! Thanks to SOLVE for the inspiration on Earth Day! Thanks to Ore Dept of Forestry/Tillamook State Forest for all the help, bags, disposal, snacks and more! Thanks, Everyone who came to help, for such a nice dedicated effort! We did it! And it was well done!

The pit was closed to shooting because of construction work lately. It will remain closed for a while (we'll post when they open it again). Since it was closed, we weren't allowed to do any shooting after the cleanup. I know most of us were disappointed in that but all were just as happy to head home, dry off, warm up and soak those tired bones in a bath and a beer. You deserve it!

There were 16 of us out there today. That includes TNL staff and ODF. We met and talked with many others who stopped to inquire about our efforts.

Again, nice work and thank you all!

brownscamp1.jpg

Before...
brownscamp2.jpg

brownscamp3.jpg

brownscamp4.jpg

brownscamp5.jpg

brownscamp6.jpg

brownscamp7.jpg

brownscamp8.jpg

brownscamp9.jpg

brownscamp10.jpg

brownscamp11.jpg

brownscamp12.jpg

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! Not a good idea to camp in the middle of Beaver Dam Rock Quarry. Reno911 and I couldn't resist the temptation and we had a couple scares in the middle of the night but all ended well. Friday night is quite the party night out there!
brownscamp29camp.jpg

During...
brownscamp14.jpg

brownscamp15.jpg

brownscamp16.jpg

brownscamp17.jpg

brownscamp18.jpg

brownscamp19.jpg

After...
brownscamp20.jpg

brownscamp21.jpg

brownscamp22.jpg

brownscamp23.jpg

brownscamp24.jpg

brownscamp25.jpg

We even got a little improvement done to the parking lot. Lined up the boulders and pushed back the awkward sized rocks. Should be easier to pick up the shot shells.
brownscamp26.jpg

brownscamp27.jpg

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard out there today. I know how much of a mess was out there, it was might bad when I saw it. (Was going to come but have had the flu for a week and didn't think That would have worked out so well). Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top