JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like no one will be camping out tonight, so I'll be staying home and heading out in the morning.

We will not have a typical dumpster for this clean up as per usual, so I am asking for volunteers with trucks to help move the trash. I have been given access to a camp ground via ODF and we will need to dump the garbage there.

Also it is looking to be a bit cold tomorrow. Clear, but cold, so wear layers so you can take a few off as you are helping with the clean up portion. Then back on for the shooting portion.

Any propane heaters are welcome and will be appreciated.

See you all in the morning.

I've also got a bulk pack of hand/foot warmers that I'll be tossing in my truck momentarily should anyone need them tomorrow.

Not camping out? Just some rain, snow, freezing fog and wind is all? Come on Nancy Boy!
Just kidding, just kidding! :s0081: I don't want to camp unless the weather is perfect. So you guys camping last year had my admiration!

I looked at the Tripcheck camera a while ago and there was no snow at Timer Junction 700+'. The rest stop at 1400+' had a little bit. My only worry is if the area gets 2"-3" of snow...Any way, we're still coming regardless. Well, unless you call the whole thing off.

Well I'm late to reading about this, anybody know what the roads are like getting up there? and my tags are expired , should I drive 50 miles with guns in my car, lol

Well I'm late to reading about this, anybody know what the roads are like getting up there? and my tags are expired , should I drive 50 miles with guns in my car, lol
Well if you do come I'll bring my M85np too!

I will be bringing some clean up gear, my drone possibly, and my newly camouflaged air rifle.
IMG_1188.JPG

Heads up for all those heading out this morning.

ICE, ICE, ICE.

Take it easy and take your time.

Especially when coming off from the tunnel downhill toward timber junction.

Roads are clear, but have ice here and there.

High is only supposed to be 32-35.

Bring a thick warm jacket.

See you out there!

Reno beat me to it.......numerous reports of black ice on Hwy 26 are now coming in. Banks, Manning, Timber Junction, etc.....at least four cars reported off the road so far.

E

Dang it, looks like I won't be able to make it because of car trouble. Sorry about that. I'll have to make it up there another time and meet some of you folks. Have fun today. Hurtaki

Wow! What an awesome day for a February cleanup! What an awesome crew we had! What an awesome place to cleanup! It was EASY!!! There was a bit of trash but all contained within the lanes. That was the idea in the first place... To design lanes that are easy to cleanup! Last year, before the lane improvements, there were targets and trash spread all over the hillside. Now, it's obvious that people are using the lanes as they were meant to be used.

Thirteen of us got it done in no time at all! 9 were NWFA members (@Joe Link will love hearing this), 3 were family of NWFA members and 1 I'm not sure of membership. Here's the list...

@fzylogic (First one to arrive at 7:30!)
@Timbertodd (Brought his Son and Daughter! Pleasure meeting them!)
@SparksFly (Brought his dad, who doesn't shoot but a hell of a fisherman!) Really great to meet you Sparks!
@mountainman503
@Ryguy13
@Mikej
@Wifey
@Reno911
@Cogs

And one who didn't put down if he was a NWFA member or not. I really liked meeting him and I hope he comes to more of these. A good man!

Will do a few pics later this evening. Still unloading and trying to get the mud off the truck and my boots!

Thanks all! I think it was perfect with the 13 dedicated volunteers we had. We did all right, by golly!

Bill

Last Edited:
Wow! What an awesome day for a February cleanup! What an awesome crew we had! What an awesome place to cleanup! It was EASY!!! There was a bit of trash but all contained within the lanes. That was the idea in the first place... To design lanes that are easy to cleanup! Last year, before the lane improvements, there were targets and trash spread all over the hillside. Now, it's obvious that people are using the lanes as they were meant to be used.

Wish I could have made this one. Oh well. Hopefully next one.

It was a total blast! (pun intended) Plus who doesn't like to put the smack down on a few guys with an air rifle and a pistol?:D Will definitely do it again.
Especially that first shot with the Glock on steel at 60 yards on a 10" plate.

Here's some pics...

Early risers
Lane3EarlyRisers1.JPG

Existing challenge... Lane 2
Lane2Trash.JPG

Lane 3
Lane3Trash1.JPG

Lane 3
Lane3Trash2.JPG

Volunteers at Lane 3
Lane3Volunteers1.JPG

Volunteers at lane 4
Lane4Volunteers1.JPG

Volunteers at Lane 4
Lane4Volunteers2.JPG

Boots on the ground (that wasn't even half the mud!)
LaneBoots.JPG

1 1/2 dumpsters = about 45 yards!???
LaneCleanupDumpsters.JPG

Funniest find of the day... She was so upset that she wasn't pregnant, she tossed his boot away! He had to hobble back to town!
LaneNotPreg.JPG

Good job team! Well done!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews