JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple of these, I have tried the plastic ones and they broke a lot of clays. The white flyer clays are cheap and very fragile. Many usually broken in the case before opening. The champion clays are much better stronger. (But these may be the ones that break do to oversize for "the claw")
The wooden ones work well but you usually need to adjust the spring tensioner on the pivot arm so they don't release too soon or never at all.
When you learn to use the wood ones don't have a shooter ready you will probably hit them. ;) even after some practice occasionally :)
The best method for the wooden ones is swing them and then snap to kinda an abrupt stop to help release it, once you get the hang of it you can swing and pop directionally with quite a bit of predictability.

I'd does get kinda boring though I like the challenge of shooting more 4-6 toss them by hand (with a semi auto) and try to bust them all before the hit the ground.

I have yet to have a bad time shooting shotguns though under any circumstances.

Good luck, and happy clay slaying regardless what route you take.

I got it....Hawkins Hand Trap!
If you've got the wood, its free. With a little technique, it works...

I'll see you and raise you for style points.. A cigar box top! ;) I just so happened to have a extra one laying around. Pretty much pre made. Half a clothes pin and an extended handle for extra distance and your in business.

969ca9d4-b768-4106-bacb-adb3346b9709.jpg 331d800a-75ff-46c9-8b2e-23f90bfa57ae.jpg

I'll see you and raise you for style points.. A cigar box top! ;) I just so happened to have a extra one laying around. Pretty much pre made. Half a clothes pin and an extended handle for extra distance and your in business.

View attachment 1264001 View attachment 1264002
Right on.
That's like the guy in the video was saying. If it were a little bigger, so as to hold the entire clay, it might work better.
I don't understand where the clothes pin comes into play, though.
Can you take a picture of that and post it?
(btw, could you please remove that paper tag. I'm left handed. :D )

I got one of those wooden ones. Marked "Remington Automatic Hand Trap" and IIRC I purchased it at Bi-Mart (years ago). The thong has been replaced with para cord so that I could fit my had through.

Aloha, Mark

I've launched 10's of thousands of clays. Many of which were with the red MTM hand thrower. They are definitely not for the uncoordinated, but it is the best hand thrower on the market.

There may be better full size options on the market now, as I bought mine 13+ years ago, but this thrower has been fantastic. It has no tension while loading it it so it's easier and safer than your old school launchers, and being foot activated you can launch and shoot by yourself if you so choose.

Screenshot_20220828-085042_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads