JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

Recently (last week) I purchased a automatic clay thrower, while it certainly isn't professional quality it does have a remote thrower and can launch the birds about 70 yards or so with adjustable elevation and such. I took it out this weekend to DNR land to try it out and had a blast. A lot of the areas in DNR land do not allow to maintain an acceptable backstop when trying to shoot challenging angles due to the fact your muzzle is pointed towards the air in most cases. I understand #8 pellets have a limited range they can travel but want to stay on the right side of the law.

Anyone have some private land that they would like to bust some clays on? I would bring the thrower and plenty of clays for the privilege of shooting with you. I am not an expert but I have always loved sporting clays and trap and can use some healthy competition if you want to score and keep it competitive.

Alternatively if you know of any public land (maybe a deep gravel pit?) that is fairly close by and willing to share your spot with me I would make the same offer.

Thanks!

Gee. I worked the base of an Arkansas 400 foot high nob hill covered in oak with a friend picking up some delicious red squirrels for dinner while some other folk were doing the same on the other side. pellets rained often on us from them some filtered through the leaves some not. Frankly, I was in much more peril in a hail storm with tiny 1/4 inch pellets than squirrel hunting!
As you say though, It isn't physics, just the law you've got to sweat.
I applaud you for covering your a$$ and mine too!.

Welcome to the Mount Adams Fish and Game Association (http://www.mtadamsfishgame.com/)
Indoor and outdoor, by the way. And membership is a whopping $75/year. I shoot here a lot, sometimes just for 20 min. or so since I drive past it a lot. I just hand throw clays with one of those plastic thrower thingies.

That looks like a nice club.

Unfortunately it is 90 min from the i5-i205 area.

There are public lands that would accomodate clay shooting closer to 60 min from out on Larch Mt.

Hello all,

Recently (last week) I purchased a automatic clay thrower, while it certainly isn't professional quality it does have a remote thrower and can launch the birds about 70 yards or so with adjustable elevation and such. I took it out this weekend to DNR land to try it out and had a blast. A lot of the areas in DNR land do not allow to maintain an acceptable backstop when trying to shoot challenging angles due to the fact your muzzle is pointed towards the air in most cases. I understand #8 pellets have a limited range they can travel but want to stay on the right side of the law.

Anyone have some private land that they would like to bust some clays on? I would bring the thrower and plenty of clays for the privilege of shooting with you. I am not an expert but I have always loved sporting clays and trap and can use some healthy competition if you want to score and keep it competitive.

Alternatively if you know of any public land (maybe a deep gravel pit?) that is fairly close by and willing to share your spot with me I would make the same offer.

Thanks!

Hit me up in a pm if you want to get together. I know a few spots - the more clearance your vehicle has the more options I can show you.

I'm without a truck right now or is just offer to take you.

I love to shoot clays or targets with anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top