JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to take my wife, but I can't find an information on the site about the facility. Are the shooting positions covered to provide at least a little rain protection?

She's not enthusiastic enough to want to shoot in the rain yet :)
And I'm not dumb enough to take her on a four hour (round trip) car ride to have her spend an hour getting wet for my hobby.

IF this is at the 100 yard rifle range (looking at the Google Map, it is) then other than for those immediately on the firing line, there will be precious little protection from the elements, especially considering the number of people who will be there.

Keith

IF this is at the 100 yard rifle range (looking at the Google Map, it is) then other than for those immediately on the firing line, there will be precious little protection from the elements, especially considering the number of people who will be there.

Keith

Good to know, thanks!
I'll probably wait until next summer to take her to a machine gun shoot.

The range is covered and 5 of the stations will be under the cover. The sub guns will run in the back pistol bays and we will have cover set up there as well. There is also a new building that is used for classes and has an indoor range area. (It is not shown on the google map). It will be available to get out of the weather and there will some food and drinks available too. As for the parking, it will be tricky but with the range as one of the sponsors we will have a lot of volunteers and if we need to run a shuttle van to get people up there we can do that as well. As for the owners of their own C3's, we discussed the prospects of doing this. I spoke with the Range Master today and he said that since it is just a one day event this time, they have decided not to do personal C3's. However, if the shoot is an awesome success and we decide to do a two day event in the spring, we could set aside a time for people to bring their own guns. So spread the word, lets have a blast and we will make it bigger and better in the Spring! If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to call RCW Arms, LLC 503-806-1514
Also the Range is open to having a shoot just for people with their own C3's, if anyone is interested in organizing an event like that, contact me and I will get you in touch with the Range Master. Thanks, Jennifer

Its been over two years since I've been home, and I hadn't realized that the new building was completed. This is a plus.

My 16 year old daughter wants to participate. Are there any restrictions on what she can shoot? I'd like to get a video of her dumping a full pack from the PKM. She's a past Appleseed attendee and is familiar with firearms handling.

Keith

Keith,
That's should be just fine for your daughter. The only rules are no one under 18 on the sub guns and no one under 6 shooting. Of course eyes and ears are required. There will be glasses at each station and we will have some ear plugs (.50$) and safety glasses(not sure yet, but they won't cost a small fortune) for sale. Please introduce yourself if you and your daughter make it. Hope to meet you there. Send me your email and I will forward you a flyer. Jennifer

[email protected]

For those of you who have asked questions regarding the MG Shoot we're hosting...

I'm the Rangemaster of the Clatskanie Rifle & Pistol Club, the hosting organization. Our website is Clatskanie Rifle & Pistol Club and a copy of the event flyer is available on the website.
The purpose of this event is to introduce our range to the general public, and give them an opportunity to shoot some full-auto firearms. While we've had inquiries regarding indivually-owned weapons, the pupose of this event is exposure to the public, not an open MG shoot. Only guns owned by the major commericial sponsors will be allowed on the firing line that day, and all operations will be supervised by my range staff.

We are not opposed to an open shoot, in fact, if a group of you want to contact me and organize such an event we would welcome the opportunity!

For those of you who haven't been to our range (or haven't been there in a while) there is a large classroom/indoor range building with running water and flush toilets...this is not the old range some of you may remember from years ago.

Our teams are working to finalize the flow of people, parking, food and range operations as I write this, and I will have more information for all of you in the next week.

If anyone wants to come and help stuffing mags, or helping with the thousands of little (and big) things that make a successful event, please contact me.

Gregg Smith
Rangemaster
Clatskanie Rifle Pistol Club
email: [email protected]

Keith,

I'm sure the club will love that! It's a great club, very active, a variety of shooting groups, and a variety of classes offered. Everyone is friendly...I'm sure you and your daughter will have a great time! Can't wait to meet you both!

Jennifer

Well I renewed my membership at the range on Monday. The new building looks complete and if available for use should provide a good amount of shelter for plenty of people who aren't on the firing line. The road up the hill is good, but parking is probably good only for maybe 20 vehicles. I'd assume those spaces would be for the range folks and those bringing the weapons. Still, its a short walk if you have to park at the bottom of the hill.

My oldest daughter and I will be there before noon.

Keith

Keith,

Yes, parking will be below on the road like you thought. I think the range master has also arranged for parking at the highschool too so we can shuttle people to the range if needed. Please find me so I can meet you and your daughter. I think it should be pretty fun!! We are expecting a pretty good turn out. See you there. Also Earl with Lone Wolf will have a booth set up, and we will have some of our ammo and some accessories displayed also!
Jennifer

Well I've got to say it was a fun morning/afternoon. Considering it was a first time event, things proceeded very, very well. My daughter got a chance to shoot off the PKM and an AKM. Dad got some good movies of it, although I didn't pick the best vantage point on the first go-around. I also picked up a few boxes of subsonic .22s from RCW and scored some needed stripper clips on the way home at a local gun shop.

Keith

well i would have much rather volunteered for this than the CRAP i ended up going through today. the only reason i never got involved was because i've had work scheduled for today for about a month. had manpower problems first thing this morning, then material problems.. then when i finally got to the site, late, we discovered that the material was WRONG. so it was a TOTALLY WASTED DAY, plus my custom ordered/paid for windows now have to go on craigslist while i wait for new customer ordered windows. excellent.

post pics/vid, if you can... i'd like today to hurt as much as possible.
:pound:
:s0161:
:s0122:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR