Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classifieds

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SULLY, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

Just wondering how many of you look in the Vendor section in the classifieds. It seems like the normal classifieds gets more traffic than the Vendor side of things and I was just wondering if I am imagining things or if it's true. I know for myself when I am looking at the classifieds on different forums, I automatically look in the regular sections first and then usually go to the Vendor section last if at all. I don't know why I do it. It just kinda works out that way. I don't know if my mind makes me assume that there is no good deals to be had or what the problem is. I was just curiuos if other people do the same. There was a Vendor on another forum that I frequent that asked if he could advertise in the regular classifieds also instead of just being allowed to do it in the Vendor section. He noticed the same kind of trend that I was asking about. Just curious.

2. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Good question... I tend to browse both. But they're too tempting when I see something I want.

3. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

There's a vender classifieds:paranoid:

4. solowars

solowars Lake oswego New Member

Ive looked a few times but i sah group buys or pre orders mostly so i dont check it much. I will have to start checking it more often, im always on the look out for good deals.

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I normally just look at all "new posts' and skim the subject lines for what interests me. It doesn't really matter which forum it's in.

7. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My thoughts exactly :laugh: however now that you speak of such a thing, I think I am going to go check it out:thumbup:

8. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

they should move it to the top of the classified listings when shoppers scoll down they see handguns rifles and ammo and never make it to the bottom

if they are sponcers they should be moved to the top of the classifieds

9. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Good idea. :thumbup:

10. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I checked it out and I think part of the reason is I first read "group buys" and those very rarely interest me so I just skip the whole thing..

11. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

So I bet I can guess what the Mods are thinking the next question is going to be. I have noticed a night and day difference between advertising in the Vendor section compared to the normal classifieds. And I can say it has not been a good difference. I am not sure what the general idea will be, but I hope we can do something.

Sincerely, Jason

12. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

So I guess my question to the mods is, can a vendor advertise in the normal classifieds section?

13. PhysicsGuy

It used to be this way, but we decided that it was better having a separate section so that buyers knew if they were dealing with a dealer or a FTF transaction.

14. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

I don't mean to stir the pot or anything. It just sucks that if you are a sponsor or vendor that your section tends to not get looked at. I am one of those people myself that looks past the vendor sections as well. I don't know why, I just always seem to stick with the regular classifieds.

15. PhysicsGuy

I'm sure that we can do something to make the vendor section more noticeable, like change the name or placement. That is something left up to Joey.

16. SULLY

SULLY Salem, Or. Member

Cool.