JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two minutes of rain and there's standing water everywhere. Ditch is an apt description.

Lots of good people and places, to be sure. But still...

Well yes this part of Oregon has rain :D but if you think about it Albany is the valley floor. Eugene is hills and Salem is hills to the north, Corvallis is hills to the west and Lebanon is hills to the east. Pretty much makes Albany the Valley floor. Hard to think of it that way unless you have lived here a long time.

It is however about the best place in Oregon to live but keep that quiet.:confused:

Valley floor is anywhere at river level, Eugene to PDX. If you want to really split hairs, the valley floor in Portland is lower than the valley floor in Albany.

Portland is rolling hills at the north end of the valley ;)

Anyway about your post on tire kickers :) I am of the opinion that most folks are just like me and like to buy and shoot different guns. The problem is the pricing impedes that in a number of ways. Average guy prices his gun about right for what he thinks the gun will bring but by the end of the deal it's almost $100 more to the buyer. Travel time and fuel plus fees when you buy it plus when you sell it if you don' like it then it cost you time and money to sell it. You could argue these numbers but it's how I pencil out my next used gun.

I suspect most "tire kickers" ask the real cost then weigh out what the gun will cost them. My fun is shooting at the gun club and I like to try different guns but the laws now have driven the price up so much that I get picky on what I buy. I am not a dealer but have bought and sold some guns in my 65 years, just like most shooters do but I try not to throw my money away down a rat hole.;)

Like I said, I have lived in Albany most of my life and it's been called the valley floor, but ya'l call it as you see em.:D
This is not an exclusively Oregon board......it is a PNW club. Our valley floors are 2500 feet in elevation and hundreds of miles across. We call them treasure and magic valleys. Those are just the big ones in Idaho, Spokane (that is in Washington, a state north of you) even has a city Spokane Valley that is included in the Pacific Northwest. You might want to consider a road trip to broaden your horizons.

This is not an exclusively Oregon board......it is a PNW club. Our valley floors are 2500 feet in elevation and hundreds of miles across. We call them treasure and magic valleys. Those are just the big ones in Idaho, Spokane (that is in Washington, a state north of you) even has a city Spokane Valley that is included in the Pacific Northwest. You might want to consider a road trip to broaden your horizons.

:D:D for me the classifieds are just local in Oregon and pretty much in my area which is the valley floor between Salem and Eugene. Out of state buying is far too much trouble and the long road trips not worth the effort. Portland is out of my area and I won't drive hours in bad traffic to buy a used gun again. Back when the laws were better you could come out even on a deal but now you are $100 in the hole to buy a used gun in Portland if you live out of town.

:D:D plus Portland is more a part of the Columbia gorge than it is the Willamette valley, surrounded by hills with the Columbia River runing down one side makes it part of the bigger river system. The valley is where the folks live.;)

:D:D for me the classifieds are just local in Oregon and pretty much in my area which is the valley floor between Salem and Eugene. Out of state buying is far too much trouble and the long road trips not worth the effort. Portland is out of my area and I won't drive hours in bad traffic to buy a used gun again. Back when the laws were better you could come out even on a deal but now you are $100 in the hole to buy a used gun in Portland if you live out of town.

:D:D plus Portland is more a part of the Columbia gorge than it is the Willamette valley, surrounded by hills with the Columbia River runing down one side makes it part of the bigger river system. The valley is where the folks live.;)
The blog isn't just about you...........it sounds like you need another toke on that legal cannabis.

The blog isn't just about you...........it sounds like you need another toke on that legal cannabis.

The thread was about the classifieds and I have explained my view of them and what I will or won't when it comes to buying and selling. It was about discussing those classified adds and how to make them better. It seems like most threads the drift is away from the topic like a dope smokers logic.:D:D:eek: Have fun now.:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top