JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think the classifieds need to be closed to replies again. Getting tired of the thread crapping. If someone doesnt like the price fine, but dont post in the thread about it. Take it to PMs or ignore the thread.

I think there should be some sort of infraction for obvious price gouging, new members with 2 posts asking $400 for a bone stock 10/22 ?:bsflag: yeah , I know I don't have to buy it, no problem there. I didn't even leave a remark, but I wanted to.

I think there should be some sort of infraction for obvious price gouging, new members with 2 posts asking $400 for a bone stock 10/22 ?:bsflag: yeah , I know I don't have to buy it, no problem there. I didn't even leave a remark, but I wanted to.
I'll bet that 10/22 never sells. It could only sell to an uneducated neophyte, a classic panic buyer.
Replying can only keep the thread active, when it obviously deserves a silent, lonely death.

Please use the report function (little triangle with ! in it) if someone thread craps and it will be dealt with.

How about people posting for sale ads for firearms that they actually don't have? Posting them for "friends". Leaves very little room for recourse in the event of a deal gone bad.

How about people posting for sale ads for firearms that they actually don't have? Posting them for "friends". Leaves very little room for recourse in the event of a deal gone bad.
Posting an ad for a friend (or relative) doesn't necessarily mean that they are selling it for them. I posted a couple of things for my brother in law not too long ago because he doesn't have internet at the moment. The ad had any buyers contact them directly and they worked it all out.

The key is that you are being notified up front that this is being posted for someone else. No deception there. If you don't like dealing that way, don't answer the ad. Nobody is holding a gun to your head (pun intended) to go purchase it. But if someone does NOT post that they are posting the ad for someone else, then that might be a bit deceptive and at that point I agree that people shouldn't do that.

Posting an ad for a friend (or relative) doesn't necessarily mean that they are selling it for them. I posted a couple of things for my brother in law not too long ago because he doesn't have internet at the moment. The ad had any buyers contact them directly and they worked it all out.

The key is that you are being notified up front that this is being posted for someone else. No deception there. If you don't like dealing that way, don't answer the ad. Nobody is holding a gun to your head (pun intended) to go purchase it. But if someone does NOT post that they are posting the ad for someone else, then that might be a bit deceptive and at that point I agree that people shouldn't do that.

There is a reason why we have feedback scores here on the site. I allows for some accountability during sales, improving trust amongst strangers. Posting a firearm for a friend, rather then helping them register and sell it themselves, bypasses that system.

Who do we leave negative/positive feedback for in the event of a sale? What if there is a dispute?

I have never worried about it that much. Feedback is just that, in the past. Look how many "good" shops people are complaining about now.............. Take each deal on its own merits.

If you don't want to buy from someone please feel free not to. But do NOT try to restrict my ability to sell the way I choose. I have often sold for friends on here and will continue to do so. This comes back to the argument at heart of gun control. You feel free to buy and sell the way you choose, allow me to buy and sell as I choose even if it is not the same way you do it.............

It's a start.

I also like to know other people's experience with someone prior to dealing with them.
Do you buy anything on Craigslist per chance? I'm guessing not. Because there is no feedback system. Do you buy anything from the newspaper classifieds? I'm guessing not because there is no feedback system.

Life is a gamble sometimes. You choose to do something based on your assessment of the odds of things working out in your favor. Sometimes that assessment fails. But if you don't want to deal with someone based on them posting for someone else, just don't do it. It is again a case of someone getting their britches in an uproar and wanting to place limits on things that shouldn't concern them. If you don't like it - don't do it. What's the big deal? I think you are being a bit wishy-washy with supporting rights and then wanting to squash them because certain standards don't meet your desires. WTH?

I have never worried about it that much. Feedback is just that, in the past. Look how many "good" shops people are complaining about now.............. Take each deal on its own merits.

If you don't want to buy from someone please feel free not to. But do NOT try to restrict my ability to sell the way I choose. I have often sold for friends on here and will continue to do so. This comes back to the argument at heart of gun control. You feel free to buy and sell the way you choose, allow me to buy and sell as I choose even if it is not the same way you do it.............

There is a difference between selling for a friend, where you have taken responsibility on the forum for the sale, and simply putting up a ridiculous ad with the "friend's" phone number.

If you can't see the difference, than I can't help you.

There is a difference between selling for a friend, where you have taken responsibility on the forum for the sale, and simply putting up a ridiculous ad with the "friend's" phone number.
Um, that is bs in a big way.
If you can't be grown up enough to take responsibility for your own purchases, then perhaps you should not be looking here.

I see the difference but it does not matter since I am not trying to restrict the way you buy and sell. If that is not how you want to buy/sell then feel free to do so.

Do you understand buy and sell as you choose but do NOT restrict my ability to do the same?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top