JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a suggestion for the classified sections that may make it easier for people to connect with others that are closer to them.

Quite often I find an item that I would like to buy only to find that it is hundreds of miles across the State from me.

Like the 'Oregon', or 'Washington', or 'Idaho' choices, would it be possible to add another option? Breaking up the States into 'Northern', 'Southern', 'Eastern', or 'Western' would allow prospective buyers to see the region where the item is located without having to open the thread and see where the particular seller was at, and then possibly be disappointed to find out that the item and seller are a great distance away.

As an example:

WTS/WTT Oregon

WTS/WTT Oregon/Southern.

etc.

It seems like this could make things a bit easier.

If people would just list where they are in the location part of the profile then all you would have to do is click on their name to find out how far away they are from you.

If people would just list where they are in the location part of the profile then all you would have to do is click on their name to find out how far away they are from you.

That may help, but many people don't do that, and that would still require you to open the thread to look.

I'm one of those people. I don't like exposing too much info, particularly on the internet. If I advertise something, I'll list in the add where I am willing to meet for it. If I'm interested in something and I can't tell the area of the seller, I will ask.

It's not that much effort, really. And just opening the thread is even less effort.

elsie

It would certainly be much easier to see the region the seller is in before opening the thread. That way you would know if you want to open it, or not.

I'm one of those people. I don't like exposing too much info, particularly on the internet. If I advertise something, I'll list in the add where I am willing to meet for it. If I'm interested in something and I can't tell the area of the seller, I will ask.

It's not that much effort, really. And just opening the thread is even less effort.

elsie

Who are you hiding from?

Your already flagged by your IP address unless you are going thru a proxy or other some such method.

Trust me when i tell you that just by being on the internet you have already advertised your location and preferences to people that know how to acquire it.

The people here only really want to know the General location, ie NW Portland, S Tacoma etc...

I have made commitments on things that once I found out where they lived and were willing to meet, I wish I had just kept my mouth shut as it were; it just a curtsy to list where your at.

I like the idea of separating the state regions. Northern/southern..etc.

Most sellers leave out their general location.. Both profile and ads.

Many times Ive been disappointed seeing a terrific deal inly to find out its in southern Oregon.

Who are you hiding from?

Your already flagged by your IP address unless you are going thru a proxy or other some such method.

Trust me when i tell you that just by being on the internet you have already advertised your location and preferences to people that know how to acquire it.

The people here only really want to know the General location, ie NW Portland, S Tacoma etc...

I have made commitments on things that once I found out where they lived and were willing to meet, I wish I had just kept my mouth shut as it were; it just a curtsy to list where your at.

Not actively avoiding anyone in particular now. OTOH, I don't feel like people who I was avoiding stumbling across and deciding to annoy me again.

It's not about obfuscation; it's about minimizing the amount of info faffing about in public places.

And layer 2 network info is much more informative than IP address.

elsie

The multi-state option was shut off because of a glitch in the software - if you had the add listed with 2 (or more) states it would automatically revert to WTS OR every time a change was made including "bumping".

I've been talking to a developer about adding this functionality. I do think it's a good idea, but there are a few things ahead of it on the priority list.

No progress at this point, the quotes I received for development are just too costly right now. It's a shame, because I think it's a great idea.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top