JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
@Joe Link

I've been meaning to ask this for a while. I notice when I use the search tool in the classifieds section, the results often come up with old listings, going back in some cases to at least 2009, and showing up at the top of the search results. When it comes to classifieds, I rarely have any need to search for old listings, instead, I'm looking for current listings. Is there any way to give weight to recent listings rather than the old ones? I'm assuming it's set for the most relevant to appear at the top, but a 4-year-old classified really isn't worth much when I'm doing my search.

I did a search this morning (sorry I didn't get a screen capture) and the first current ad didn't show up until 12 listings down. Everything else was 2014 or older.

I'm also wondering again if it's possible to have closed listings be shaded in search results, otherwise they look like all the others.

Lots of great suggestions here, I'll definitely bookmark this thread for reference. It's a shame the developer working on the classified section went MIA. It'll be a while before we get back to it, but it's definitely a priority.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top