JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this is actually a very basic thing everyone can do. I think the reason people yank out the price after they sell something is for the very same reason we want it left in there. I know Im guilty of pulling my price after selling. I figured if they guy was ever going to sell the item he bought from me, the last thing he needed was someguy saying well I know you paid 1000.00 for it two monthes ago WTF is the price increase about. It almost doesnt allow anyone to price to what the market will bear. Sorta cutting the free interprise out of the equation. But Im willing to leave mine up there, I mean we're all here for deals and steals anyway right?

We need to delete pics because of limited attachment space on the classified board,don't we?

Shouldn't matter, pics are not hosted on the board.

As for leaving price it is a great idea. It somebody sells $200 higher and you don't want to pay it go find a better price, and if you can't find a better price then you know that them making $200 is warranted IMO

This is a good idea because it gives you an idea if anyone is buying and reselling guns for a profit on here.

Just for everyone's knowledge, related to that topic, if you buy and resell firearms for a profit, you can be prosecuted with a felony charge.

This is a good idea because it gives you an idea if anyone is buying and reselling guns for a profit on here.

Just for everyone's knowledge, related to that topic, if you buy and resell firearms for a profit, you can be prosecuted with a felony charge.

I guess it's a good thing that all of your "sales" have been at a loss then 'eh? :D

Isn't the reason you can get in trouble for buying and selling for the SOLE purpose of profit.

If you buy a gun decided you don't like it and then sell it and happen because of market forces make a little profit still land in hot water?

Just curious? I wish I had a gun to sell but they all went down in a boat over green peter! Damn that Lake!

Steven

Isn't the reason you can get in trouble for buying and selling for the SOLE purpose of profit.

If you buy a gun decided you don't like it and then sell it and happen because of market forces make a little profit still land in hot water?

Just curious? I wish I had a gun to sell but they all went down in a boat over green peter! Damn that Lake!

Steven

PG and I had a discussion on this a month ago and I called ATF for clarification.

They said "Don't worry about what the law says. Worry about what the US Attorney labels your activity as. They will decide if you go to prison or not."

If you are "Dealing" firearms without a license, you will go to prison they say.

I would recommend to anyone to call ATF to make sure they are doing the right thing. They are very helpful.

There will be lots of "Internet Experts" and people that argue what is constitutional or not, but that is all spewed out of the mouths of people that "read something once on a website."

I am not an expert on ATF rules myself even though I have all the rule-books here at my fingertips.

I am just some guy on the internet.

on a different note regarding the classifieds..... everyone should try to refrain from making comments about what a rip off something is, or personally attacking a seller. Just read the ad and keep your opinion about the fairness of the offer to yourself.

on a different note regarding the classifieds..... everyone should try to refrain from making comments about what a rip off something is, or personally attacking a seller. Just read the ad and keep your opinion about the fairness of the offer to yourself.
OR IF YOU MUST SEND THEM A PM:s0155:

So, if I have a question about whether something is a good value or not, I can PM one of you guys?

I like the witty comments on this forum, you guys are funny. If someone's price is way too high I think they are leaving themselves open to a clever retort.

Last Edited:

Steven

Well it comes down to proving if you are making a business of buying and selling guns, because that's what the ATF's definition of a dealer is. If you buy a gun, shoot it for a while, then you sell it later for a few bucks more, you are less likely to be indicted than lets say, if you buy a gun, then turn around and sell it in a matter of days for a profit, especially when unfired.

But you can be indicted either way, the only way to be safe, is to know in the back of your mind that if you sell for a profit, you will be able to have a proper defense in a court of law.

So, if I have a question about whether something is a good value or not, I can PM one of you guys?

I like the witty comments on this forum, you guys are funny. If someone's price is way too high I think they are leaving themselves open to a clever retort.

You can ask out in the open too, the rule no thread crapping doesn't mean you can't start a thread in the proper forum area and ask about a specific AD, correct my if I'm wrong staff.

You can ask out in the open too, the rule no thread crapping doesn't mean you can't start a thread in the proper forum area and ask about a specific AD, correct my if I'm wrong staff.

On another talk about "threadcrapping" I said I thought it was alright if users started their own thread to ask a value of firearm, but it's probably best to make no mention of it being the same one for sale on here, to avoid conflict with the seller.

On values, the buyer must take a little responsibility. Research will tell you that Mini-14s are not worth $900.

If you buy one for $900.......your fault for getting taken.

If you see one listed for $900 and you know its worth $400.........back out of the thread.

If you are really offended that someone listed the Mini-14 for $900, then report the post.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top