JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but I have found it to be rather irritating seeing people new to the forum, with just a couple posts putting things up for sale. I feel that the Classified section is a privilege for those that contribute to the rest of the forum. I know I'm not a paid member as of yet, but hopefully that will be changing soon enough. I would have no issues with a paid member with 1 post put something up for sale since they have contributed to the forum in that way. Sorry for the rant, but this has been bothering me lately.

This has been brought up multiple times and there is going to be no minimum for classifieds. The best reason given in my opinion is a situation like the death of a family member who leaves behind a cache of firearms and they go to someone who has 0 interest. They would be able to come here and sell them.

Further more some people may not participate here, just come here to read and learn. Why should they be limited in their access?

Sometimes.. Dumb,stupid,irritating,beneath you peasant noob's have something to offer.....Just sayin

I feel bad for those "Noobs" when they're snapping up guns that are priced at.....Well, something like a $400.00 gun for $600.00. I wish the mods would allow us to pick at the seller, who's been here for two weeks, and only sold guns, just a little bit!

This is about the 10th thread on this exact same issue. It is almost as irritating to see people not do a good search before posting the same question.

What's more irritating is to be an honest seller contacted by someone new with 1 post claiming to want the item, then have that clown welch out with lame excuses. There should be a minimum post count before anyone can use or contact a seller in the classifieds, either way\

In the meantime, check their post count as part of your sellers vetting procedure

As a low post count seller here is my question: Why put limits on your market place? More people selling means better prices. If all you high post count people freeze out people who don't have the time or the inclination to post a lot you will prolly end up with less buyers as well as sellers. That will mean less variety and higher prices.

To make the site successful I think you should make it more inclusive not less. There will always be buyers and sellers who are a pain but excluding people and thread stomping will only serve to drive people from the site.

It seems that what has made ARFcom so successful, especially the EE, is there is no posting minimums, people provide feedback and there is no thread stomping.

Here I have posted things for sale or trade and have gotten a few stomps and it's ridiculous. It's amazing that people have appointed themselves the wardens of the EE. Casting judgments on what stuff can be sold for. Sellers should be able to decide what they are willing to accept to part with their property and buyers can decide what they want to pay. It's called a free market. If a seller gets no buyers then that is all the feedback they will need about their asking price.

All the thread stompers and post count elites should go start a private site where they can sip their tea and and whine to each other about how they want to pay prices they remember from 1995.

So far the people I have done business with here have been good folks.

I'm sorry if you feel inadequate :p

yhe8y5en.jpg

Blitzkrieg;806633[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
]What's more irritating is to be an honest seller contacted by someone new with 1 post claiming to want the item, then have that clown welch out with lame excuses[/COLOR]. There should be a minimum post count before anyone can use or contact a seller in the classifieds, either way\

In the meantime, check their post count as part of your sellers vetting procedure

just a question has that ever happened with someone with mutable post

Sometimes.. Dumb,stupid,irritating,beneath you peasant noob's have something to offer.....Just sayin
But more often than not.. They usually don't. Questions, fun banter and spreading good info is one thing.. But there have been 3 threads where totally new members come on with very defensive attitudes and just want to attack folks. The others I've been seeing a lot of are the disrespectful arrogant price gougers that assume us members here don't stay on top of current firearms trends, prices and politics and list something like they would on OutDoorsTrader.. I very much enjoy this site because ones trade rating and post count generally denote the members good standing and character after they've put in some good time and opinions.

Like what 50$ pmags or better yet the 50 $ bricks of .22.
This irritates me to, my point was just because someone does join a new site doesent automatically mean there uninformed or ignorant, I realise the pecking order of internet forums and I've taken my knocks before, I get it. One forum I spend a lot of time on requires a unknown time/participation before one can use classifieds, I was fine with waiting for my time. Maybe I take things too personal. The one tra nsaction I have had through this site (with a long standing member) went great and he was happy to drive two and a half hours at 7 pm to come to my house, I was not selling 50.00 pmags or 50.00 bricks of .22.

I hope I can spend some quality time here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top