JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Classified Ads - What to do?

• Total voters
Reactions
This is driving me nuts with people bumping closed threads, listing 5 or 6 ad's in a row, hey I use to have one of those and loved it, and all the other junk that is going on.

I know this will not change something but the more we discuss it maybe something will happen.

I think in the classifieds we should have a closed ad thread so the people that say they want to see what something sold for they can search there.

I would like to see all closed threads moved so all thats in the classifieds is active sales or trades which would cut surfing time down to a lot less looking at closed ads.

I bet the first for pages are half closed and half open.

Just a thought. It would be much easier or delete the sold thread completely.

I know I am just bringing up old issues but something shoud be done to make it easier on the classifieds.

Thanks for the supporters

Scott

Maybe its cause im new, but it doesn't seam too bad at all. I kind like seeing what things sold for. Ill admit, its kinda pointless when a post just reads **SOLD** or something like that with nothing in the ad, and it does get in the way, but only for about .5 seconds. It dose not take much time at all to look past the next page, and if im looking for something specific I just use the search function..

This is driving me nuts with people bumping closed threads, listing 5 or 6 ad's in a row, hey I use to have one of those and loved it, and all the other junk that is going on.

I know this will not change something but the more we discuss it maybe something will happen.

I think in the classifieds we should have a closed ad thread so the people that say they want to see what something sold for they can search there.

I would like to see all closed threads moved so all thats in the classifieds is active sales or trades which would cut surfing time down to a lot less looking at closed ads.

I bet the first for pages are half closed and half open.

Just a thought. It would be much easier or delete the sold thread completely.

I know I am just bringing up old issues but something shoud be done to make it easier on the classifieds.

Thanks for the supporters

Scott

This seems to happen frequently with new users. The correct thing to do when a member sees this happening is to report the thread. What I then do is look at the thread. If the member bumped a thread older than say 2 months or a thread where the item was obviously sold or the seller hasn't signed in for a month then I delete the bump and close the thread. I then check the new member and If I see he is bumping more than one old thread I send him a PM and instruct him that he is to stop bumping old threads to the top and to send PM's for any thread older than 2 months.

The key here is reporting the thread so it will be taken care of.

Another problem we are having is with senior members buddy bumping each other ads, that has led to temporary and permanent banning in the past as it is a willful act to get around the bump rules. :s0155:

Its nice to have the info when looking at value of your gun in the sold ads, I would prefer old ads to just be moved to another folder that way the live ads are less crowded.

None of the options appeal to me. I think that posts should be moved to an "Sold Item Archive" with the title and all of the OP intact.

Actually, I really annoys me when the OP changes the thread title to "SOLD". Seems silly to me. Why would anyone think to do that?

This seems to happen frequently with new users. The correct thing to do when a member sees this happening is to report the thread. What I then do is look at the thread. If the member bumped a thread older than say 2 months or a thread where the item was obviously sold or the seller hasn't signed in for a month then I delete the bump and close the thread. I then check the new member and If I see he is bumping more than one old thread I send him a PM and instruct him that he is to stop bumping old threads to the top and to send PM's for any thread older than 2 months.

The key here is reporting the thread so it will be taken care of.

Another problem we are having is with senior members buddy bumping each other ads, that has led to temporary and permanent banning in the past as it is a willful act to get around the bump rules. :s0155:

Another problem we have is a person with multiple accounts and I see them all the time. But hey we are getting bigger and the bigger it gets the more nuts you get.......... Just delete sold ads. The people that say they use them to judge prices are not true. I see the same Glocks, Rugers, Beretta's, and others with prices so different and you have to laugh. I think the average Glock on here is $750 LOL

None of the options appeal to me. I think that posts should be moved to an "Sold Item Archive" with the title and all of the OP intact.

Actually, I really annoys me when the OP changes the thread title to "SOLD". Seems silly to me. Why would anyone think to do that?

Thats a easy question to answer........... So people don't pm and ask you if it is still available or whats your best offer?

People don't care if it is closed or not and still ask.

What ad posters are SUPPOSED to be doing is editing the OP to say that the item is sold AND CLOSING THEIR ADS. If they would do that this would be a non-issue.

PLUS adding the SOLD info to the original post will reduce the number of times someone sees it and doesn't realize that seven (or twenty-two) posts later the OP has posted that it's been sold, bumped the thread, AND failed to close it!

Thats a easy question to answer........... So people don't pm and ask you if it is still available or whats your best offer?

People don't care if it is closed or not and still ask.
Then they should add the word SOLD and leave the rest of the title intact along with the body of the post.

As for the PM's, just delete them.

I wish I could delete any of my ad's,not just lock them.

Roger that, same here. There are so many pages with closed threads is sucks. As for people looking for sale prices there are no 2 guns that sell at the same price and they also differ by large numbers. Many people bought AR's during the elections and paid a premium and think they can still sell them at that price and that is what they are worth..........

What ad posters are SUPPOSED to be doing is editing the OP to say that the item is sold AND CLOSING THEIR ADS. If they would do that this would be a non-issue.

PLUS adding the SOLD info to the original post will reduce the number of times someone sees it and doesn't realize that seven (or twenty-two) posts later the OP has posted that it's been sold, bumped the thread, AND failed to close it!

+1

If this happened, there would never a complaint.

I do the "SOLD" tittle and "SOLD" Description removing all the information and then lock it up. Looks like this may annoy a few, but I have gotten several PM's asking "do you still have it" after it is "Locked" and marked "SOLD" if I leave all the info and Pics. Not a big deal but it just helps avoid this.

Also keeps me from looking back at pictures and thinking Damn I shouldn't have sold that.

I would be down for that.

I would definitely use the forum more if you didn't have to "filter" through all that guns that are closed / sold / deleted. You get excited for a post and find out its been sold for a while. Not sure what value there is to old gun adds. Drool over something you can't have?

Sorry my 2cents...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads