Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

classified teaser doesnt match last post in that classified

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by thorborg, Feb 13, 2014.

1. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

How come classified teaser doesnt match last post in that classified
    Example under handgun classified the last post teaser said kimber posted @ 2:55PM but when I open the classified link the last post is Glock posted @ 2:42PM. same for rifle; last post Savage @ 2:57PM but actual post I can see is AK47@ 1:56 PM same for shotgun etc.????? I tried closing the forum several times thinking it needed a new start to the program to catch up or up date but no!
    I have not noticed this before. Aint right I tell you. Whats up with that?

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Those previews are actually updated as a batch process, I believe ever minute or two, rather than in real time. This is to reduce load on the server.

3. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Ouch!
    I called on an ad and got an SPF. I thought, how could this be the ad just came out.
    This explains that.
    Plus, I found out that by clicking on the link from the general classifieds listing I can see the ad that isn't yet posted in the actual sub catagory ad.
    Wished I had known this previously. Good deals are an early bird thing you know.
    Computers are a wonderment to me and rather like playing a game without knowing the rules!
    Thanks for the reply Joe.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is changing with the new design ;)