Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classified Section

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by jkraig, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

Would it be much trouble to change the section "Rifles & Shotguns" into two classifications "Rifles" and "Shotguns" like all of the other forums? It would make it easier for the members not to have to sort through 14 pages to find a shotgun or rifle. It would also be cool to see handguns seperated into "Semi-auto Pistols" and "Revolvers". Just a thought.

:thumbup:

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

jKraig I just replied to your email on this. I personally think this is a great idea. I am making a note in the Mod section to bring it to the other mods attention.

3. sbryson21

sbryson21 Nampa, ID Member

I love that idea!:love:

4. jkraig

Thank you.

5. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

I agree 100%
    Its kind of annoying having to sort through all the shotguns when looking for a new rifle :)

6. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

That was uncalled for Gabe....

Sorry...couldn't resist LOL! :thumbup:

7. persuader

persuader ne portland Member

INTERESTING.......:dinner:

8. sbwool63

sbwool63 Clark County, WA Member

9. persuader

10. Retro Adam

Retro Adam N PDX New Member

I new here, but that sounds good to me!

11. dave

dave Independence Member

+3 Shotgun section!

Course then I will grumble that I would like to see a lever action thread too!

12. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

How about lever action, bolt, semi, and pump action section for both? Maybe break them down by caliber/gauge also? That way I can really find what I may be looking for. :huh:
    (Can you tell I'm not fond of the idea).:winkkiss:

13. jkraig

That would be ideal, but I doubt they want to break it down that far. My Vote would be for the following, which would make it faster and easier to implement.

Shotguns
    Rifles
    Semi-Auto Handguns
    Revolvers

14. persuader

ow about items that dont sell auto delete after thirty days and mods delete things sold or locked would also help

15. theduke

theduke NW Member

Auto lock maybe but No auto delete. Lots of good referance material in the old adds.

My :twocents:

16. cwegga

cwegga Helena, MT Active Member

I say keep it how it is or combine it more. If I want to look for a specific thing there are search functions or gunshops. I like to be able to browse through the classifieds and see as much varied stuff as possible without having to click on a bunch of different sections.

17. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

I agree 100%
    Its kind of annoying having to sort through all the rifles when looking for a new shotgun.

:D:thumbup:

18. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Old material is great, but an archive section for closed out things would really reduce clutter, these things are a PITA at the very beginning but pretty simple to maintain after, just a couple minutes a day to move dead sale threads to the archive forum, it'd help sales along as well since you wouldn't come to huge sections of stuff that got sold before bump-time

*shrug* just an idea

19. jkraig

I agree. They could easily be moved into a "Sold" section for reference. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Another thing I would like to see is a link that shows everything listed by the same person. I sometime can't find all of my listing in the different sections as they get buried before the 7 day bump. I had a gun move 7 pages deep in 2 days. I think others have this same problem as I will run across multiple ads for the same item, by the same person. they can't find thier ad, so they just start a new one.

20. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

jkraig, if you go to "search" and select "advanced search" you can look up all threads by x user, if you go to profile and statistics you can find both threads posted in, and threads started by.