JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He probably wanted you to sweeten the deal, with a free cat or something

FreeCat.jpg

It's more about communication than anything else. I will let people know whether or not I'm going to pick it up or if I would like it shipped/delivered, stated in such a way that they can counteroffer with their preference. Depending on what's going on as far as my work, I would be willing to go to just about anywhere in the state to pick it up if I have the time. It gives me an opportunity to see the countryside. B-) But if they'd rather meet or deliver, then I'd be just as good with that.

elsie

BTW I just bought a reloader off here and met the seller at the ferry dock on Whidby Isle He lived 30miles No of there
No big deal at all.
But he lives in limited buyer community also and understood he may have to travel to sell the whole set.

Wow... such a topic... Personally its selling used. If you expect delivery, then go to Amazon, Cabelas, and the likes. Its used market, things are negotiable. Ask if seller says no, than give up. He might come back and say sure I can deliver + $40 for gas. Oh sometimes meet 1/2 way, sometimes not. Some sellers are more giving than others, just like some people walking down the street some are nicer and hold the door open for you, some let it shut behind them as you follow them through it.

Personally i don't see any problem with someone asking if you happen to be heading this way i'll take it. In some cases the person may be traveling to that area or near by.

But expecting the seller to deliver is wrong.

But if you want to avoid those questions just note that in your post how far you are willing to travel if at all. its really just that simple it will lower your blood pressure and make you a happier person.

and if you do that and a person still expects you to drive 90 miles to deliver a $25 part you can tell them to go fly a kite with a hole in it.

Speaking about CL

I get a kick out of this , I have posted free stuff on craigs list and i would get a dozen or so i'll take its and no one shows to pick it up . then when i repost i ad a price to it and only get a couple replys and they actually pick it up.

If it helps me make a sale, I have driven up to an hour away. Its the buyer making an offer and I can say yes or no to it. I wont drive to their house but I have no problem meeting them half way if several hundred is on the line. My car gets 30+ mpg so its costs me all of what $14 in gas to meet the person up to an hour away from my house.

also if someone ask for you to deliver depending on where and circumstances you can ask negotiate a better deal.

I once drove to Eugene to make a trade cause the other guy made a really good trade offer and had something i really wanted

and recently i gave a guy is full price and i added over 1000pcs brass that he needed to drive up from springfield to sale me a part.

Asking does not harm anyone unless its insulting and that depends on how sensitive you are.
it takes quite a bit to insult me and when it happens i just put that person on my ignore list. and i will not do business of any sort with that person.

I had a few things on CL that I was giving away. A woman called and said she'd take it, then called back and asked if I would deliver it, to Salem. Considering I live in Battle Ground and I was giving it away for nothing, I thought it was pretty nervy. I was offering the items up because I hate waste, but I'd soooner toss it out then be go to that much hassle.

Turned out for the best, two months later I sold the items for $75. :)

In literally 100's of Craigslist deals, I've driven all over Oregon and Washington. So have the buyers/sellers who came to me. It's something adults discuss and negotiate, factoring in the selling price, gas, time constraints, meeting places in the middle, who owns a truck, etc., etc.

My rule of thumb is to at least hear the offer before I decide if I'm dealing with a total oxygen bandit. If someone simply EXPECTS me to ship or deliver something, I ask what's in it for me. No reasonable answer? We're finished - no harm done.

Can't tell you how many cool people I've met, interesting homes I've seen, and surprising creative trades I've stumbled into as part of a weekend roadtrip. BTW, multi-state CHL's are nice to have in your hip pocket when working a cash deal for a guitar in a rainy liquor store parking lot at midinight.

With that said... who's got a .44 mag lever gun to sell/trade? I'm in Portland.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top