Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classified Rant

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dblugil, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Dblugil

Dblugil North Portland Oregon Member

When buying something out of your area,why would you think the person selling the item is responsible for getting the item to you. It drives me nuts when someone says can you deliver it to Salem. I say I can ship it at additional cost, thats not what they wanted, they wanted free delivery. Most things being sold on the classified ads are good deals already. Please if you are buying something or interested in something,show up when you say you are and plan on picking up the items for sale.
    I feel better now:thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Gun stores online or local don't deliver. Call Dominoes if you want delivery.

3. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Post it clearly in your list and avoid annoying questions.

4. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

in most cases i've been willing to meet someone halfway.

5. cotillion

cotillion medford Active Member

I've ran into this problem several times myself. People were baffled when I wouldn't drive to Eugene or even farther north from medford. Even halfway is out of the question for me. When looking for something to buy, which is quite often, I ignore every add that I couldn't drive to get

6. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

What's wrong with a buyer MAKING AN OFFER??? that's all they're doing. if you're deadset on not leaving your couch PUT IT IN THE AD.

7. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

So the OP complaint is someone asked if you could deliver and you cannot so you are SAD? Lord, break out the crying towels already.
    Some people drive to places for business/family and so would seek to integrate an errand or two. I live north but have done business as far south as Roseburg, just have to time it is all. This concept could be what is behind asking if you can meet in city X. Of course you can ask for additional funds to cover your effort or just say "No thanks".
    If they ask, you answer and then they get offended; well tell them to pound sand, this is your transaction so have the nads to own it.

iamme and (deleted member) like this.
  8. cotillion

cotillion medford Active Member

Someone has a case of the anger sharks!

9. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

I know can ya believe the OP.... just gets old seeing the same whining about the classifieds every day. This is america we used to make steel in this country..

10. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Apparently people that say "put it in the ad" have not dealt with many buyers. When selling stuff you will get tons of questions about things that are CLEARLY stated in the ad.

I guess part of it is communication too. If a person wants you to bring your item to X just because that is one thing. Now if they ask " Hey do you ever make to X and can we meet there" that is a different story.

11. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Absolutely, unless it's an exceptionally great deal, which are few and far between, if seller/buyer won't meet half way, no deal.....

12. Eric911

Eric911 WA Member

Ain't that the truth! I've been dealing with that recently. I have some rather specific details in my ad, yet numerous folks appear to be unable to read. Ah...the internet. :rollingeyes:

13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I live in at the north coast of Washington.We are 30-40 minutes to Silverdale/Bremerton area. Two hours away from Tacoma or Seattle
    We have a small market here and most have the guns they need or want.
    Sooooo I have to make considerations to sell items
    Sooooo I will meet at the ferry docks or the Kitsap area......half way
    I sailed across to Whidby to BUY a reloader

Sooooooo if you can't sell an item in your little berg,then you will have to travel

OK I do need to be making money on the item or making a great deal to travel.If not I just wait till a local buys it

I just sold a T 100 to a guy in Spokane.A guy from Seattle came to look at it and a guy from Renton wanted to meet me somewhere,it was too far. Yes I told him I had someone from Seattle here and wouldn't meet until the guy from Spokane didn't show.Guy from Spokane drove it home.

And why do people get so butt hurt over idiots on line??? Now this can be me included if it isn't guns,but don't believe anything they say. when they will show up,how much the will pay,their trade is PERFECT

Ain't true. They won't show,they are late,the trade is junk.

I do make other plans if I feel the person is somewhat genuine,then I didn't make the trip for nada

People,this is the internet,calm down a little.

supergenius, Nwcid, shayne and 3 others like this.
  14. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

A simple "no, thank you" is all you need to say if you really don't want to accept an offer no matter the reason you don't want to accept it, including delivering it to the seller.

15. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

FIRST OFF does any one have dominoes #? n second... I have had people Drive from Portland to sell me a gun... I simply stated hey i have the $$$ but do not have time to make it up there.. and then if they decided to make a trip to sell the gun to me id toss in some $$ for their gas.... Heck i had a guy drive from Pendleton to Corvallis to trade me guns cause he was "bored" lol... IMO there is no harm in asking...one thing i have learned over my years of selling/buying on this site is people are going to ask you some stupid questions and try to low ball you.... all you have to say is NO THANK YOU its simple... I do however realize that its to complicated for some people to do... its Just a Question.... Calm Down... breath....

16. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

Geez what a non problem. I have delivered things because I was making a trip that direction or just for the heck of it.
    If I don't want too, just say "can't do it" or raise the price to include shipping then discount to the guy that picks up.

17. x1hunter89

x1hunter89 gresham oregon Active Member

This Ain't Burger King, You Can't Have It Your Way

18. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

Its because the buyer is "assuming" that you are selling an item because you NEED the money and will do ANYTHING to sell it! Some of us are just old fashion horse traders who do it for fun or just have to many items/projects laying around...

When someone asks me a dumb question, I simply do not reply to it. If I am selling or trading for fun, I have no need to waste my time with stupid questions or people...

19. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

I have driven to Lacey to make deals thats 200 miles round trip. I like selling local but can find buyers quicker out of town like MjbSequim said.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  20. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

If you thought that was bad try selling stuff on Craigslist, the offers people try to make will make you laugh so hard you'll puke.