JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
What happened to the useful (to me) information on sold classifieds?

I liked having the sold item darkened out and eventually filtering down due to a new post or bumping while showing new items added or sold items, in real time as they happen.

This not only informed folk on what's selling or not, but expected prices received for this area. It also added fast witness to the coming and goings of the ads.

For me it has prompted both selling and holding according to my view of the local market.

Now it's just 800 pages of lookalike ads making finding sold info a real project and unwanted added effort.

In my mind, we lost 25% of the value of the classifieds sections.

I realize we now have a bunch of uptown filters. Sometimes that helps but frankly, most of the time I'm in no hurry so it's a hindrance and can even miss out because many times I'm open to change so might miss a good thing in another brand or I set the dollar to tight.

The way the classifieds use to be was like reading the newspaper cover to cover 40 years ago. It is part of the whole package, more in the way of passing time, while learning a little something along the way.
Even when I was in a hurry it was easy to skip sold items while at the same time radially seeing current and old stuff by the page you were on.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this that I've noticed so I'm assuming I'm missing the added value of the new system instead of the deficit I see..

Maybe everyone is in a hurry now a days or just more technically advanced.

This was a very real concern for me when developing the V4 classifieds, as I know how much many members loved simply browsing page after page of current and sold ads. First, keep in mind that the classified system is not anywhere close to 'done', so there will be changes coming as time permits. Second, you can still browse sold listings by using the Ad Status filter :)

1573075278165.png

Eventually that should have an option to browse both active and locked ads, just like it used to be.

Upvote 0
I would love to see and auto-lock feature, after say 30 days if the seller/OP doesn't bump their ad they're are not serious about selling it, the stuff has sold and/or they're are too uncouth to lock the thread. Personally I'm sick off it and I can point a few fingers if you'd like.

Upvote 0
I would love to see and auto-lock feature, after say 30 days if the seller/OP doesn't bump their ad they're are not serious about selling it, the stuff has sold and/or they're are too uncouth to lock the thread. Personally I'm sick off it and I can point a few fingers if you'd like.

This is absolutely in the plans as well :)

Upvote 0
I've seen a handful of ads maybe a year or 2 old suddenly reappear with no hint of additional posts/inquiry/etc. Sometimes there will be a 'still for sale?' etc & sometimes they seem to just fade off into the sunset again.

Unsure what the 'report' button triggers now might be? 6 months without refresh? Or what?

Upvote 0
Not that this would be for everyone but ...FOR ME... it would be nice if you could recall filters you've previously set. I set almost the same filters over and over because I'm looking things within a specific scope. I'll come back every day or 2 and reset those filters.

Upvote 0
I too hate clicking in to find it already SPF or sold.
thanks ofr the comments Joe and that its a work in progress.
Please report these ads. We will gladly close them. We miss some. I have some alerts set to key words in classifieds but I can't get them all.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's technology or new policy but trying to edit a for sale ad is impossible for me now.
If you want to change description or pricing or trades ..
And adding an unapproved Emoji to the end of this... Forget about it..

Upvote 0
I would like to edit my post title but the monitors do a really good job from what I see.

On a plus side for ancient ads, I sold a pair of grips from an old ad just recently and I have had them for years. Worked for me and made another person happy.

No one hates change more that I do but change happens and we have to deal with it.

Overall, this site is a real boon to most of us and if there are things we don't like, move on and not make a big deal out of it.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's technology or new policy but trying to edit a for sale ad is impossible for me now.
If you want to change description or pricing or trades ..
And adding an unapproved Emoji to the end of this... Forget about it..

Deleting ad content causes problems, just ad on any new information.

Eg: "new, updated price=", "more information", ad on ""this one SOLD/pending sale" for a particular section/part of a multi listing.

Just please don't delete out anything.

If that doesn't work well for your particular ad, lock it. Wait 7 days & post up a new updated ad with the new info.

Upvote 0
I would like to see a feature that notifies me when something I've commented on/watched has sold. On a couple occasions I was "THIS" close to buying something but I got distracted by life, came back around to look for it a few days later and the ad is nowhere to be seen? I realize I missed the bus on those but, still...

Upvote 0
I would like to see a feature that notifies me when something I've commented on/watched has sold. On a couple occasions I was "THIS" close to buying something but I got distracted by life, came back around to look for it a few days later and the ad is nowhere to be seen? I realize I missed the bus on those but, still...

That is what the "watch" feature is for (top right of each thread).

Upvote 0
On top of the Watch feature, you can also bookmark posts, ads etc for reference later.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads