JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How did you happen to notice they were the same? Good catch however you did it!

When we see such ads, how do we know which was posted first, and if perhaps they are both legit; for example, if the seller is listing on both web sites?

Also, how do we know the NWFA item isn't the fraudulent listing?

We need to start watermarking with "If this is for sale on GB it's a scam"

Excellent idea! Except if I am a GB seller, and I want to post a scam sale on NWFA, I'd watermark it with your proposed text. Hmmmmm......

Except if I am a GB seller, and I want to post a scam sale on NWFA, I'd watermark it with your proposed text.
The OP was referencing people stealing NWFA pics and using them on GB hence that particular watermark. When it comes down to it, if you were a GB seller and wanted to post a scam sale on NWFA, you can do that now, so no difference going that direction.

Maybe "For sale by JohnnyMac on NWFA only"

How did you happen to notice they were the same? Good catch however you did it!

When we see such ads, how do we know which was posted first, and if perhaps they are both legit; for example, if the seller is listing on both web sites?

Also, how do we know the NWFA item isn't the fraudulent listing?

Excellent idea! Except if I am a GB seller, and I want to post a scam sale on NWFA, I'd watermark it with your proposed text. Hmmmmm......
There aren't many Seekins rifles for sale and I noticed that the photos were identical, but the GB ad showed a shipped from address in CA and it was a brand new seller. The ad on this site was posted by a member who had been here for a few years, with a half a dozen feedbacks. The second ad was posted by the same seller, so I searched "Anaconda" on this site and bingo. It didn't take much Inspector Clouseau work to figure it out. 🧐 😄

Last Edited:

Happened to me this week. I reported it. No response, no action taken. Looks like the item sold too. Hopefully the winner actually ends up getting the optics ready FN 509T they just paid for.

The scammer changed image 1 and 2 around, but that's my gun, my coffee table, my photos and my description. The scammer even listed it as new when my ad that he copy and pasted says used with 150 rounds through it.

My listing
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899454848

Stolen listing
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899685843

Can you take out an ad on GB using the same photo again and telling people that the other guy is a scammer?

I went back in and updated my listing with a warning at the top. I stated exactly what the scammer did, and then I posted his item number in bold right at the top of my listing. I went back to check on the scammer's listing a few hours later to see if GB took any action, and someone had already bought his non-existent gun using the "Buy Now" feature. I'm wondering what GB's liability is on this or if the buyer is simply SOL.

I went back in and updated my listing with a warning at the top. I stated exactly what the scammer did, and then I posted his item number in bold right at the top of my listing. I went back to check on the scammer's listing a few hours later to see if GB took any action, and someone had already bought his non-existent gun using the "Buy Now" feature. I'm wondering what GB's liability is on this or if the buyer is simply SOL.
I guess that's the best that anyone could do. Too bad that someone else will have to deal with that scammer though. Too bad that GB doesn't seem to care or have a solution.

A big one at that.

^. This. There is an option to report a listing on GB.
Every seller on GB starts with NR. I recently bought a rifle from a guy in Vegas who was new to GB. I watched as he went from NR to 5 positive feedbacks in his first week and then purchased a rifle from him. He communicated well and shipped fast.

Also, the Report link on GB doesn't work well. I went to Help and it was easy to navigate to report the fraud.

The fastest way to get GB's attention is to use the DMCA. If you took the pictures then you own the copyright on them.
Everyone should watermark their pictures. In the past I haven't done it but I can see that I should watermark every picture I take and post online.

The GB seller could also be the classified ad poster. unless the ads are in different states with far distance between them it would be a good idea make sure before reporting it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top